Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My bro becked up my nand when he modded it then today i learded all about priiloader and bootmii and on my sd card there is no nand so i asked my bro and he deleted it! i backed up my nand now but i hvae prii loader and a csm installed. do i need a fresh nand or do i need to use mine?( i do have like 2 bad blocks)

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Just make a nand backup now. Doing so will dump the keys also, which are vital to fixing a wii if things go really sour and it becomes a full brick. The nand backup itself does help a lot, but really the most important part is the keys.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm not sure I get what you're asking. Of course it's pointless if you make a backup if you just remove it later. For that reason, just store the nand and the keys on your hard drive somewhere instead of keeping it on the SD card.

If things tend to get bad, you certainly have to use your OWN backup to restore your wii (not one of another wii). There are ways to use another one, but that's more complicated. And it doesn't matter if it has priiloader or a custom menu installed. :)

Augusta

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pretty sure he's asking if he needs a fresh nand backup in the case that he bricks his wii.

If his nand has already been altered (with priiloader or anything else), backing up an 'altered' nand and not a 'fresh' nand might be an issue if the situation of restoring the nand ever arises.

I can't answer this though as I'm not sure if there are any effects/differences in the long run

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol