new Moonshell AAC decoder

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by FAST6191, Dec 20, 2006.

Dec 20, 2006

new Moonshell AAC decoder by FAST6191 at 2:06 PM (1,402 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Wandering over to Infantile Paralysiser's site ( ) I saw that a prototype AAC decoder for moonshell has appeared, I do not know about anyone else but AAC has taken up residence as my standard of choice for video encodes and sits alongside FLAC for when audiophile mode kicks in:
    I fired a couple of AAC tracks over to my memory card and had a look, it needs raw aac streams (as opposed to AAC in MP4 type containers). Sound quality is pretty good (I tested a 100kbps VBR track encoded with FAAC and found it about as good as a 192 kbps mp3 done with LAME) and I will hopefully get around to testing some more and using a better encoder (nero do a very good free one for what it is worth: ).
    MP4box with GUI for demuxing if you need it:
    I am in a rush so no in depth guide/linkfest right now but you need to have the aac.msp file in the plugin directory and LC aac is advised.
  2. dreassica

Member dreassica GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2002
    For stereo audio still prefer ogg, for 5/7.1 aac is certainly the best.