Hacking Emulation POPS on PSP/Vita - Config Research

Snowbro88

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Related post from another thread which may offer a solution to titles not working properly:
Could you link to that conversation?

So is it possible to fix Hokuto no Ken in adrenaline? and could you tell me how?

Sorry it's a bit difficult for me to communicate, I speak Spanish

Reactions: The_Ho

Snowbro88

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
thanks and taking advantage of the fact that you know a lot about fixing eboots for psp and adrenaline, I remember that the Lego Island game does not work in adrenaline, but it could be fixed with a game id change and converting it with the icetea program instead of psx2psp, the problem is that I do not remember this miraculous game id and currently much of that information has been lost on the net

By any chance do you know the game id to fix this game?

Thank you

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Poy Poy 2(EU): I played the Europe SLES_015.36 version, Party Play Poypoy Cup and Team Battle and everything was normal, EBOOT made with PSX2PSP Compression 1, nothing more.

Ape Escape(USA): No Patch Required: GameID SLUS00748 fixes the game.

Hokuto no Ken: Seiki Matsukyu Seishi(JAP): GameID SLPS01222 fixes the game.

Dr.Slump(JAP_EngPatched): GameID SLPS01222 fixes the game.

NOTE: Games that use the same correction GameID cannot be played at the same time, or one game will overwrite the other's save.

Valkyrie Profile(USA)Fix_661_Adrenaline

- Game no longer freezes when talking to Odin.
- Game no longer freezes when entering menu and checking equipment/status.
- Game no longer freezes in Intro.
- Game no longer freezes in Prologue.
- Game no longer freezes when Lenneth is walking to Odin's palace in the opening.
- Game no longer freezes on "How Nostalgic".
- Game no longer freezes in Nethov Swamp.
- Game checked for 5 hours without freezes, not finished.
- It was tested through a Save Seraphic Gate that had rumors of crashes, this one didn't happen either.
- Voices in the game are good but crackle a little, nothing that gets in the way.

-EDIT:

ATT: Yumei correction scene.
Bad news, the game will freeze between chapter 2 or 4 when it comes time to recruit Yumei, the good news I'll leave a way around that here.
Add CD1 and CD2 patches, doing everything as it is in the tutorial, after that before converting to EBOOT add the CD1 once again but as CD3 and in its GAMEID put SCPS10119, create the EBOOT that will be about 500Mb bigger. Now in the game when the moment comes when it crashes in Hai-Lan (Yumei), save before, restart the game and select CD3, load the save before Yumei and watch the scene normally without crashing, when returning to the World Map save again, restart and go back to CD1, load the game and continue normally.

Last edited by The_Ho,

Deadceptor

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I had to make a profile here just to give my thanks to you @The_Ho! You’ve just given something huge to the Vita community! I applied some of your patches to my personal game dumps and they work perfectly on Adrenaline. Can’t believe I can finally ditch VP Lenneth and play the original on the go. Mad respect!

NeonBlack79

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you
- Here it is, I made a fix for Brave Fencer Musashi (USA), it seemed to work very well, I played only up to Skullpion and went from the scene smoothly to the next chapter without a black screen. The game's intro can now be fully watched as well without any problems.
Thank you for the amazing findings and for your work on these patches.

I was looking for a way to play Brave Fencer Musashi on PS Vita, after I started it on a PS One with the official LCD screen that I restored recently.
I wanted to continue it on Vita when I'm not at home and I'll do it thanks to you.
I also trasferred the save file using a Memcard Pro!

Do you think that it would be possible to create a similar patch for the recent english translated version of Racing Lagoon?
At the moment that game works only with RetroArch, as there are glitches on Adrenaline.

Thanks again!

Last edited by NeonBlack79,

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I had to make a profile here just to give my thanks to you @The_Ho! You’ve just given something huge to the Vita community! I applied some of your patches to my personal game dumps and they work perfectly on Adrenaline. Can’t believe I can finally ditch VP Lenneth and play the original on the go. Mad respect!
Thank you friend, glad you liked it, I hope you enjoy it as well as everyone else.
Thank you

Thank you for the amazing findings and for your work on these patches.

I was looking for a way to play Brave Fencer Musashi on PS Vita, after I started it on a PS One with the official LCD screen that I restored recently.
I wanted to continue it on Vita when I'm not at home and I'll to it thanks to you.
I also trasferred the save file using a Memcard Pro!

Do you think that it would be possible to create a similar patch for the recent english translated version of Racing Lagoon?
At the moment that game works only with RetroArch, as there are glitches on Adrenaline.

Thanks again!
Thank you friend. I hope I succeed having fun with Musashi.

The Racing Lagoon fix has already been tested by user @ital. When converting the game to EBOOT, just change the GameID to SLPS01222 which should work normally. hugs.

Snowbro88

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, thanks for this last fix, I really didn't expect this game to have a solution because the problem it had was common in various emulators such as epsxe or pcsx, and this game is also very good in terms of its graphics.

A request and I hope not to abuse your time and work, could you try to do something for the Japanese version for ps one of Captain Commando?, it has graphic glitches on certain enemies, apparently it works well on PSP with pops 3.72 and finally Gear Fighter Dendoh a very good beat em up but it only worked on PSP in version pops 3.51.

Thanks.

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, thanks for this last fix, I really didn't expect this game to have a solution because the problem it had was common in various emulators such as epsxe or pcsx, and this game is also very good in terms of its graphics.

A request and I hope not to abuse your time and work, could you try to do something for the Japanese version for ps one of Captain Commando?, it has graphic glitches on certain enemies, apparently it works well on PSP with pops 3.72 and finally Gear Fighter Dendoh a very good beat em up but it only worked on PSP in version pops 3.51.

Thanks.
Gear Fighter Dendoh I remember playing this game on Vita a while ago, I got a "Romantic" version, I remember it worked fine when activating Fast Mode when starting.

About Captain Command I don't know yet.

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Poy Poy 2(EU): I played the Europe SLES_015.36 version, Party Play Poypoy Cup and Team Battle and everything was normal, EBOOT made with PSX2PSP Compression 1, nothing more.

Ape Escape(USA): No Patch Required: GameID SLUS00748 fixes the game.

Hokuto no Ken: Seiki Matsukyu Seishi(JAP): GameID SLPS01222 fixes the game.

Dr.Slump(JAP_EngPatched): GameID SLPS01222 fixes the game.

NOTE: Games that use the same correction GameID cannot be played at the same time, or one game will overwrite the other's save.

Valkyrie Profile(USA)Fix_661_Adrenaline

- Game no longer freezes when talking to Odin.
- Game no longer freezes when entering menu and checking equipment/status.
- Game no longer freezes in Intro.
- Game no longer freezes in Prologue.
- Game no longer freezes when Lenneth is walking to Odin's palace in the opening.
- Game no longer freezes on "How Nostalgic".
- Game no longer freezes in Nethov Swamp.
- Game checked for 5 hours without freezes, not finished.
- It was tested through a Save Seraphic Gate that had rumors of crashes, this one didn't happen either.
- Voices in the game are good but crackle a little, nothing that gets in the way.
ATT: Yumei correction scene.

Bad news, the game will freeze between chapter 2 or 4 when it comes time to recruit Yumei, the good news I'll leave a way around that here.

Add CD1 and CD2 patches, doing everything as it is in the tutorial, after that before converting to EBOOT add the CD1 once again but as CD3 and in its GAMEID put SCPS10119, create the EBOOT that will be about 500Mb bigger. Now in the game when the moment comes when it crashes in Hai-Lan (Yumei), save before, restart the game and select CD3, load the save before Yumei and watch the scene normally without crashing, when returning to the World Map save again, restart and go back to CD1, load the game and continue normally.

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
More good News, I made some games now work on Adrenaline and PSP661 with better performance than on RA, at least I found it.

Are they:

Rollcage Stage II (USA) > It's not the prototype, it's the full game. (Game before did not boot)

Ducati World Challenge (Game before did not boot)

Championship Motocross 2001 ft Ricky Carmichael (Pilot was invisible)

I didn't make Patches for the games due to the low adhesion, who is interested > MP.

hugs.

rafaelfutbal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, The_Ho.
Thanks a lot for fix some PS1 games for PSP. ❤️
Can you fix these one too, please?

"The Lion King - Simba's Mighty Adventure" (PS1)
Game ID: SLUS-01282
Issue: the ground is invisible on stage 1. Simba can't pass way.

"Worms Armageddon" (PS1)
Game ID: SLUS-00888
Issue: game doesn't work.

Last edited by rafaelfutbal,

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried bugs bunny lost in time, treasure planet and mortal kombat trilogy? bugs bunny doesnt load at all i think just a black screen, treasure planet has issues with its videos being a bunch of garbled colors and mortal kombat trilogy the game freezes when either the timer runs down to zero after losing and it freezes after beating arcade mode.

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
As far as Bugs Bunny Lost in Time is concerned, I've been testing it a few times and like the OP said, it plays but there is noticeable slowdown within the game. I was going to try ARK-4 or Chovy-Sign to see if either might be able to make it run full-speed, as Adrenaline doesn't seem to be cutting it.

Reactions: The_Ho and cvskid

maxsacreur

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, The_Ho.
I'm amazed that you found out this technique, and sorry to be one more guy asking you to try fixing something.

2 years ago I made nice pic0, icon0, pic1 for the game Star Wars I The Phantom Menace (FR) [SLES-02035]

I tried every compression level, every possible POPS with many known GameID (SLPS01222, SLPS01724, SLPS02180, SLUS94640, SLPS02190, SLPS02480, SLES00972) ... not booting on PSP. If you are so kind to spend some time on this, and that you manage to make your fix work, you'll make someone happy :shy:

Andorin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys,

I don't understand this topic. Every PS1 game i've played on the Vita through Adrenaline worked perfectly (apart Legacy Of Kain Soul reaver...).

So many of you had problems with PS1 games on Vita ?!

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There's a small list of PS1 games on the PS Vita that won't run to varying degrees, largely in part because of the imperfections/flaws in the POPS (Playstation One Portable Station) Emulator and the inability to use different POPS versions (sometimes - but not always - this would remedy the problem in PSP) in either Vita natively, or Adrenaline (virtual PSP environment overlay) which will never have the feature.

This isn't usually a problem for most users since everything they wanted on PS1 runs just fine, but the fact remains that there's still some users left over who (until recently in this thread) had no real options for games that do not work on the PS Vita.

bellonoq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hi guys,

I don't understand this topic. Every PS1 game i've played on the Vita through Adrenaline worked perfectly (apart Legacy Of Kain Soul reaver...).

So many of you had problems with PS1 games on Vita
thats strange because soul reaver plays great for me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: oh cool, I saw Space Invaders on that Nintendo Syl :D