Hacking Emulation POPS on PSP/Vita - Config Research

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys I understand that many want MKT on Adrenaline I would also like but.... Well, it works fine in POPsLoader on PSP 3.52, 3.71 and 3.72, if without sound enable CDDA Enabler V2.

And on Vita it is very good on RetroArch with occasional CD errors (???), but they were very rare and the game in general flows very well.

Let's now go back to "War" MKT+ Adrenaline, talking about non-invasive tests (No RIP like Jackie, or specific changes like SkullMonkeys etc...) which are the GAMEIDs changes for the fixes I've tested so far probably over 180 IDs in the MKT, remembering that to test them correctly you must change the game's region boot according to the GAMEID region, use PatchIt or SetRegion, any ID mentioned in compatibility lists spread over the internet doesn't seem to work in MKT I tested practically all of them and some had minimal changes in the glitches pattern only, so anyone who wants to help continue testing without the IDs I mentioned.

I recommend IDs from all Capcom games because I haven't tested all of these yet, I recommend IDs from Bandai Namco that I haven't tested them yet and I also recommend all game IDs available on PSN, if we come to the conclusion that none of these thousands work the possibilities are modify the game, popsloader on Vita ? (which so far has proven not to work for several reasons).

But be optimistic, games that were considered lost are:

Valkyrie Profile
RollCage Stage 2
Jackie Chan Stuntmaster
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Star Wars TPM.

Of these 5 games VP, RS2 and JCS... even if late, solutions appeared.

So I believe that for others maybe it does too.

But we need to work together, the result will probably be faster and can appear even in a few days due to the amount of interested or in the worst case it becomes a waste of time 😂.

If it serves as a parameter for any idea, the MKT prototype works normally.

As it says here in Brazil then: "Let's go, let's go" 😂

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Were you the one that fixed Ape Escape US on vita? If so explained sto me why in psp menu the save data for Ape Escape is called Resident Evil 2?

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Were you the one that fixed Ape Escape US on vita? If so explained sto me why in psp menu the save data for Ape Escape is called Resident Evil 2?
Well, in the PSP or Vita menu, I don't remember having it as RE2, but ApeEscape. If you got RE2 in the PSP save MENU, probably something happened as a conflict because you have the RE2 game on your PSP too. This is very easy to get around, put as CD 2 using PSX2PSP an empty 0.img file created from a notepad and that's it. Saves will be saved to the game's native ID. Do not change the Main Game ID.

RE2 ID is required for this game to work properly.

It is not possible to play on the PSP also due to the lack of the second analog.

Last edited by The_Ho,

reptiliancicilian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys I understand that many want MKT on Adrenaline I would also like but.... Well, it works fine in POPsLoader on PSP 3.52, 3.71 and 3.72, if without sound enable CDDA Enabler V2.

And on Vita it is very good on RetroArch with occasional CD errors (???), but they were very rare and the game in general flows very well.

Let's now go back to "War" MKT+ Adrenaline, talking about non-invasive tests (No RIP like Jackie, or specific changes like SkullMonkeys etc...) which are the GAMEIDs changes for the fixes I've tested so far probably over 180 IDs in the MKT, remembering that to test them correctly you must change the game's region boot according to the GAMEID region, use PatchIt or SetRegion, any ID mentioned in compatibility lists spread over the internet doesn't seem to work in MKT I tested practically all of them and some had minimal changes in the glitches pattern only, so anyone who wants to help continue testing without the IDs I mentioned.

I recommend IDs from all Capcom games because I haven't tested all of these yet, I recommend IDs from Bandai Namco that I haven't tested them yet and I also recommend all game IDs available on PSN, if we come to the conclusion that none of these thousands work the possibilities are modify the game, popsloader on Vita ? (which so far has proven not to work for several reasons).

But be optimistic, games that were considered lost are:

Valkyrie Profile
RollCage Stage 2
Jackie Chan Stuntmaster
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Star Wars TPM.

Of these 5 games VP, RS2 and JCS... even if late, solutions appeared.

So I believe that for others maybe it does too.

But we need to work together, the result will probably be faster and can appear even in a few days due to the amount of interested or in the worst case it becomes a waste of time 😂.

If it serves as a parameter for any idea, the MKT prototype works normally.

As it says here in Brazil then: "Let's go, let's go" 😂
much thanks man for all your work so far, i'll do some more id editing on my end to get it kicking if possible, and ig i'll play the prototype til' then, broken or not
will keep you posted amigo

• Love
Reactions: The_Ho

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, in the PSP or Vita menu, I don't remember having it as RE2, but ApeEscape. If you got RE2 in the PSP save MENU, probably something happened as a conflict because you have the RE2 game on your PSP too. This is very easy to get around, put as CD 2 using PSX2PSP an empty 0.img file created from a notepad and that's it. Saves will be saved to the game's native ID. Do not change the Main Game ID.

RE2 ID is required for this game to work properly.

It is not possible to play on the PSP also due to the lack of the second analog.
Thats kinda stupid to use another game id to get a different game to work also the pal and jpn versions work on vita and I know the ntsc version has anti piracy...

• Angry
Reactions: Dumbfreak

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thats kinda stupid to use another game id to get a different game to work also the pal and jpn versions work on vita and I know the ntsc version has anti piracy...
Hi friend, practically all versions of Ape Escape have some anti-piracy protection, the PAL versions being by far the worst of them, as they have Libcrypt where they need some workaround patch or a PS1 with stealth modchip, the PAL versions usually even have all the blocks at the same time as EDC+Anti-Mod+Lib and less FPS in game.

The easiest to bypass are the Japanese and American versions that usually only have Anti-Modchip, a block that the PSP and VITA practically ignore unlike a PS1 that doesn't have a good chip, but there are several methods to pass these blocks with patches , AR codes etc...

About the Save Overwrite Problem I have already given you an extremely simple solution.

But... if it's still a hassle for you to use the PAL and JP versions you found or RetroArch. I made the USA version for many people who have different interests and asked me for it, I think they're happy, that's what matters.

Finally, the use of GAMEIDs to bypass games in POPs are not stupid, they are ingenious, I don't know who was the first person who discovered that this works, but this person opened a way where it was impossible to play several games that not even with POPsLoader would work without ID modification. This person discovered that changing the functioning of the POPs internal code would be practically impossible on the PSP so he thought that changing the game ID could make the POPs behave in different ways by activating and deactivating some kind of function capable of increasing the emulator's compatibility with the game by simply "cheating" him, it was practically a black box study.

This has been perfected over time by not only me but friends who have talked to me and given me new ideas and motivation like: Spike, Wad11656, Snowbro, adamsUBZeRo creator of the MODPSN method and of course more unknown people who worked on various compatibility lists, donating their precious time to everyone to be happy playing their games where with traditional method it would be impossible.

Forgive me for taking too long, but I found the word "stupid" a little offensive along with an unnecessary post, I think you must be new to the PSP/Vita scene as the method has been used for several years, and has been improved.
Why RE2 tho?

The RE2 ID was found to be the most game-correcting, even known as the magic id. You'll see a lot of her around.

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi friend, practically all versions of Ape Escape have some anti-piracy protection, the PAL versions being by far the worst of them, as they have Libcrypt where they need some workaround patch or a PS1 with stealth modchip, the PAL versions usually even have all the blocks at the same time as EDC+Anti-Mod+Lib and less FPS in game.

The easiest to bypass are the Japanese and American versions that usually only have Anti-Modchip, a block that the PSP and VITA practically ignore unlike a PS1 that doesn't have a good chip, but there are several methods to pass these blocks with patches , AR codes etc...

About the Save Overwrite Problem I have already given you an extremely simple solution.

But... if it's still a hassle for you to use the PAL and JP versions you found or RetroArch. I made the USA version for many people who have different interests and asked me for it, I think they're happy, that's what matters.

Finally, the use of GAMEIDs to bypass games in POPs are not stupid, they are ingenious, I don't know who was the first person who discovered that this works, but this person opened a way where it was impossible to play several games that not even with POPsLoader would work without ID modification. This person discovered that changing the functioning of the POPs internal code would be practically impossible on the PSP so he thought that changing the game ID could make the POPs behave in different ways by activating and deactivating some kind of function capable of increasing the emulator's compatibility with the game by simply "cheating" him, it was practically a black box study.

This has been perfected over time by not only me but friends who have talked to me and given me new ideas and motivation like: Spike, Wad11656, Snowbro, adamsUBZeRo creator of the MODPSN method and of course more unknown people who worked on various compatibility lists, donating their precious time to everyone to be happy playing their games where with traditional method it would be impossible.

Forgive me for taking too long, but I found the word "stupid" a little offensive along with an unnecessary post, I think you must be new to the PSP/Vita scene as the method has been used for several years, and has been improved.

The RE2 ID was found to be the most game-correcting, even known as the magic id. You'll see a lot of her around.
I said its stupid cus what if I have RE2 and wanted to save in that game but I can't because that inflicts with the Ape Escape save. What you mean set as CD 2 and is it possible to get Ape Escape nstc working by using the jpn game id?

Last edited by PacBunnyXV07,

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I said its stupid cus what if I have RE2 and wanted to save in that game but I can't because that inflicts with the Ape Escape save. What you mean set as CD 2 and is it possible to get Ape Escape nstc working by using the jpn game id?

As I told you before you just do it like in the videos and there will be no conflicts. About the Japanese ID it is used a lot in other games, but it should probably work too.

Reactions: ciarli-b

Darkxkay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Jackie Chan did the repair yesterday I'm finishing the game to see if everything is correct.

Gear Fighter the game runs normally if you activate fast mode but the game gives errors in the subtitles, or change the gameid to SLPS01222 and it's perfect.

Hokuto no Ken Game runs normally if I change game ID to slps01222 I finished the game with that ID and enabled all characters.

Jade game runs fine on PAL version with SLPS01222, there are reports out there.

The others I haven't checked yet, thanks for highlighting, there is something significant that you highlighted for me in this post, I believe it will help me.
Do you have jackie chan im interested

Reactions: The_Ho

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.