Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
WHO YOU GON' CALL?

WIIBUSTERS

NAH NA NAH NA NA NA NAN AN ANANNANANAAN

Ahem.... I think that one looks a bit nicer since the chips is on an actual small board and not just a single PIC

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No it's the same number of wires. 5. The go to the same places as Wiinja/Cyclowiz except the power/ground ones are different.... Not sure if it's just a different point on the same line or what...

mcbey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wait what does that mean? If after awhile u get tired of the chip, you solder another wire instead of just removing the chip?

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, it's so you can install a switch that completely disables the chip, so IF an update comes out that can check for the chip, it essentially won't be there. But that's not an option on this chip anyway.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You'd disable the chip during the update and then turn it on. That way the system will update and not try to kill the chip. In theory.

Still, a moot point for this chip anyway.

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No it's the same number of wires. 5. The go to the same places as Wiinja/Cyclowiz except the power/ground ones are different.... Not sure if it's just a different point on the same line or what...
I aint no math doin' genius but this sure looks like six to me.

mcbey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well if I was Nintendo, the update wouldn't just check for it once, it would check on startup, or when you go online. Like Microsoft checked every time you went online with the Xbox1 and would ban the Xbox's Serial immediately. It wouldn't just be a one time check.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No it's the same number of wires. 5. The go to the same places as Wiinja/Cyclowiz except the power/ground ones are different.... Not sure if it's just a different point on the same line or what...I aint no math doin' genius but this sure looks like six to me.

Ah, I was looking at this one:

http://www.wiibuster.com/3_big.jpg

That is the chip installed in the system. So yeah, dunno what that extra wire in that picture is all about... You'd need two points on the chip to make a chip disable switch work. The 6th wire would have to connect somewhere on the Wii to do anything.

_zZz_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey.. if clones are appearing, it means the hex code must be out there already! when does it arrive to gbatemp?
smile.gif

by the way, hom much are they asking for wiibuster?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1