New Mii Plaza Features Coming This Year

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Pong20302000, Aug 1, 2011.

Aug 1, 2011
  1. Pong20302000
    OP

Member Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Japan
    Have you grown bored with the 3DS StreetPass Mii Plaza app? Some new features may be on the way, according to Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata.

StreetPass Mii Plaza is a built in program that collects up to 300 Miis from people with whom your 3DS does StreetPass data exchanges. You can interact with the Miis through a couple of mini games.

During an investors briefing last week, Iwata was asked about the lack of updates for Mii Plaza. Iwata admitted that he's heard complaints that there's little left to do in the app. He promised that by the end of the year the software will be updated with some new features.

Nintendo is also developing a number of titles that make use of all the Miis that are assembled in your Mii Plaza, Iwata revealed. He promised that upcoming software for this year and the next will make collecting all those Miis not seem like a waste.

what are you guys hoping to see?

im praying for some Instant Messaging

2. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    Basely the same thing?

Link

3. mariofanatic64

Member mariofanatic64 The guy who does things

Australia
    I heard a while ago that a "Streetpass Quest 2" (Find Mii 2) is being planned. Whether or not this was true I am unsure.

4. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    That'll be interesting to see, although I'd like to see a way of buying any missing puzzle pieces, instead of getting them at random (perhaps if you get xx duplicate pieces - swap them for a single 'new' piece ??)

5. rastsan

Member rastsan 8 baller, Death Wizard

Canada
    sim city-ish stuff... online parties, online chat,
    the ability to put your 3d pictures as the puzzle and send that. or to just send it streetpass style/online (without that annoying pay to post service offered by that website on the nintendo bookmarks). directly to the person without a middleman.
    more mii facial/body features.

6. Pippin666

Member Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Canada
    Yeah thank you we can all read the news dude.

But to be more on topic (LOL), I would say that Nintendo failed again in this area.

An update by the END OF THE YEAR ?? .. WHAT ?? I am SURE that if it wasn't for all the complaints, Nintendo would have NEVER touched it again.

When I first open my 3DS and tried the Mii Plaza with a friend, I had the feeling that it would be finished quickly and that the content would be near zero. I was right. Only 7 frames to complete, very few hats when thee could be 3 dozen more of them. complete the SAME quest in the SAME castle with the SAME ennemy is really a CHEAP SHOT at us 250$-customers.

I also thought that game could include new frames/tiles and hats to collect.

Thank god to this abassador program.

Pip'

7. The Milkman

Member The Milkman GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman

United States
    You guys are aware that streetpass plaza isnt the mii maker right? (an update for the plaza wouldnt add mii parts to the maker.) Also I dont think an IM feature would be practical in the plaza (if you street passed how are you going to chat?)
    All I want for that plaza is more hats and a mini game where you fight the miis you street pass (like SSFIV's figurines) and the more miis you beat the more powerful you become and different hats give you different powers (marios cap would let you stomp your foes while browsers hat lets you breathe fire!) but I doubt anything like that would come soon.

8. Pippin666

Member Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Canada
    Yes we are all aware of that. I don't think at this point of the 3DS life that you will teach us that.

But wouldn't be cool if dev could install some into the system ?? Like if Capcom's RE:Revelations could install few aitsryle of our favorite characters [​IMG] or some Megaman Hats or even installa unique StreetQuest for your Mii, set somewhere else than in a castle.

Pip'