Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

New MicroNinja Details

New photo + video

The Ninja Team have released a few new details on their upcoming MicroNinja card.
Ninja Team said:
NINJA TEAM proudly Announces his lastest MICRONINJA DS Backup/Mediaplayer Device for NINTENDO DS/DSLITE... Enjoy same Features as NINJADS in a ORIGINAL DSCART SIZE MICROSD Card Based Solution .. UNLIMITED SPACE FOR BACKUP ROMS/HOMEBREW,MP3,WAV,JPG,BMP,GIF,etc....

The MicroNinja comes in two different case designs. "Steel blue" and "Red Plastic".

- "Steel blue": This will look similar to the above prototype photo, and features a light steel casing and micro SD slot with no spring.

- "Red Plastic": This version will have a casing in a similar design and colour to that of an original DS game cart. The micro SD slot is spring loaded.

The MicroNinja will retail for approx. €55. (That converts to around £37/$72). The price of the old "sticky" version of the NinjaDS (the one we reviewed that takes full size SD cards) will drop to €55 too. The MicroNinja will be available for purchase in approximately 2-3 weeks.

Head inside this topic to see a video of a prototype MicroNinja in action.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Wow, nice, the microninja doesn't seem to stick out at all finally.
That's good news! and they seem to have fixed compatibility too (with Charlotte's web)

stop_loading

Trophies
XP
Country
my main concern is compatibility and battery life, but i guess it's too early for that

at least it's coming in 3 weeks, we have a launch window

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nice vid. However, that guy's unusually long pinky fingernail creeps me out
ohmy.gif

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Nice vid. However, that guy's unusually long pinky fingernail creeps me outÂ
ohmy.gif

QUOTE(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nail_(anatomy)#Fashion_and_culture)In some Asian cultures men may also grow long fingernails, or only the nail on the little finger, to show that they do not do much manual labor, but instead work in an office setting. However, this practice is gradually becoming unpopular and unrefined because a long fingernail on the little finger is variously associated with either nose picking or cocaine usage.

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nice vid. However, that guy's unusually long pinky fingernail creeps me outÂ
ohmy.gif

QUOTE(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nail_(anatomy)#Fashion_and_culture) said:
In some Asian cultures men may also grow long fingernails, or only the nail on the little finger, to show that they do not do much manual labor, but instead work in an office setting. However, this practice is gradually becoming unpopular and unrefined because a long fingernail on the little finger is variously associated with either nose picking or cocaine usage.

"or cocaine usage"
rofl2.gif
A$$

big trouble little china

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Don't laugh, that was the first explanation I thought about. Was just searching Wikipedia to back this claim up. The first one sounds much more reasonable, though.

kingeightsix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
that was a very, very good explanation of my long pinky. ahahah... mostly drug dealers have long pinkies... not because of coke usage but the fact that they don't do hard labor... =\ just a style that alot of people do.

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Uh oh. Sounds like this is just a redesign of the NinjaDS, considering how they're marketed as if they were part of the same product line. The compatibility of the Ninja DS wasn't exactly stellar, so I wouldn't expect much from this.

Mr.squeeks

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They call that a cocain nail. for snorting.
I have long pinky nails, because I don't do manual labor. I snort my coke off my girls' a$$...
nyanya.gif

Anyway....

The main thing I want to know is, is the compatibility better than the Ninja DS. It seems like this is just a smaller version of the Ninja DS, which wasn't exactly made of win from what I've heard (and the review here).

-Also from the video that cart looks really similar to the AceKard, are they using the same hardware?

*P.S.
Drugs are bad kids....
lecture.gif

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Uh oh. Sounds like this is just a redesign of the NinjaDS, considering how they're marketed as if they were part of the same product line. The compatibility of the Ninja DS wasn't exactly stellar, so I wouldn't expect much from this.

Why should they make a new device to improve compatibility? Yes, a smaller version of the original device is all it is, the new functions and improved compatibility, just come from a new firmware, so the ones who already have the BigSD version of it can also enjoy the improvements.

I wonder if it does single cart download play to non-flashed DSs?

No, or at least not at the moment, they say they'll look if they can make it work or something with new firmware upgrades or something, but I wouldn't expect seeing it soon...

QUOTE(Hit @ Nov 30 2006, 06:28 PM)Wat was the official home of ninjads, and wat is best store too buy(cheapest delevery)
http://www.ninjads.com/order.html
www.psxshop.nl will probably have the cheapest delivery I think, since it's in Holland, but the items are pretty damn expensive.
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr