New Medal of Honor Details

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Rock Raiyu, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Rock Raiyu Clock Up

Jul 14, 2007
    United States
    Walking the path of heaven
    [​IMG]

News Source: QuickJump

2. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    I really don't see the point. I used to love Medal of Honor back in the day, but now every goddamn war shooter is being little but Call of Duty clones. I mean, the game won't be bad, just nothing revolutionary.

3. superrob

superrob H4X H4X H4X!

Apr 4, 2007
    GBATemp factory.
    I never liked medal of honor... something just made it seem.... bad? Ive allways liked Call Of Duty way better.

4. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Medal of Honor PSX & MoH Allied Assault (made by Infinity Ward which people seem to forget) are classics in my book. Infriltrator GBA is also good and so is Heroes 2 but others I found to be a lacking to be honest.

I feel that going modern just makes it yet another FPS, they should have focused on another war, one that hasn't been overdone.

Saying that I prefer the first Call of Duty to Modern Warfare, the modern ones always seemed to have too much Michael Bay-esq wankery in them and are only really that much fun in multiplayer mode.

5. Raiser

Raiser I am mad scientist.

May 31, 2008
    Canada
    I doubt this release will be much of a hit.
    MW2 is still quite hot, and as the release date of Bad Company 2 approaches, that'll be another major competitor.

6. Opium

Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Former Staff
    Dec 22, 2002
    Australia
    By the time this comes out I'm probably going to be all modern warfared out. I'll probably give it a look though. At least it's not set in WWII, I am completely sick of WWII games.

7. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    The bad thing is that, in a few years, we'll all be sick of modern war games AND WWII games. I'm still waiting for my WWI FPS game!

8. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    As far as I know you just sit in a trench for years, play the odd game of football and then you get one battle where you die horribly.

Thats pretty much all I know about WWI (that and how it was caused) and I learnt it from Blackadder. Fucking stupid school, maybe I'll look up some decent documentaries.

9. Edgedancer

Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Oct 2, 2006
    Canberra
    I can remember playing Frontlines. Bear in mind that was my first WWII game and I though it was great. I have tried Allied Assault but I found it not as good.

10. Vater Unser

Vater Unser GBAtemp Addict

Oct 28, 2004
    Gambia, The
    Pen Island
    True, WWI wouldn't be at all fun to play.
    The most advanced weapons at the time were non-hand-held machine guns, so unless you're a huge fan of non-automatic handguns and rifles, I doubt you'd have a lot of fun with an FPS set in WWI.

11. blackdragonbaham

blackdragonbaham GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 12, 2009
    Gambia, The
    hyper dystopian dimension
    i either do, but only the modern warfare titles, the others are just the same, over and over

12. Cablephish

Cablephish Show me...

Apr 23, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    No point in waiting for this game, they're already finishing up Modern Warfare 3

Modern Warfare 3

Looks like it's gonna be fantastic! [​IMG]

13. blackdragonbaham

blackdragonbaham GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 12, 2009
    Gambia, The
    hyper dystopian dimension
    what? mw 2 is really already being developed? the series is gonna be represantive for the studio
    mw ftw!!!!