Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mohc.jpg

QUOTE said:
Details on EA's upcoming Medal of Honor reboot will reportedly be fully revealed in this month's issue of Offiial Xbox Magazine. For now, though, the OXM website has let slip a few tidbits to tease the FPS-playing masses.

We've heard before that the action will take place in Afghanistan, with players controlling a Tier 1 Operator. There will be other playable characters, though. EA has also reportedly brought in a few Tier 1 Ops soldiers to help make the game more authentic.

One interesting detail is that players will be able to shoot out lights and use night-vision goggles. That's a rather underused feature, in my opinion. Other features include sprinting and knife melee attacks similar to Call of Duty.

Medal of Honor is currently tracking a very vague 2010 release window. It'll be available on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.

News Source: QuickJump

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't see the point. I used to love Medal of Honor back in the day, but now every goddamn war shooter is being little but Call of Duty clones. I mean, the game won't be bad, just nothing revolutionary.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Medal of Honor PSX & MoH Allied Assault (made by Infinity Ward which people seem to forget) are classics in my book. Infriltrator GBA is also good and so is Heroes 2 but others I found to be a lacking to be honest.

I feel that going modern just makes it yet another FPS, they should have focused on another war, one that hasn't been overdone.

Saying that I prefer the first Call of Duty to Modern Warfare, the modern ones always seemed to have too much Michael Bay-esq wankery in them and are only really that much fun in multiplayer mode.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I doubt this release will be much of a hit.
MW2 is still quite hot, and as the release date of Bad Company 2 approaches, that'll be another major competitor.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
By the time this comes out I'm probably going to be all modern warfared out. I'll probably give it a look though. At least it's not set in WWII, I am completely sick of WWII games.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Opium said:
By the time this comes out I'm probably going to be all modern warfared out. I'll probably give it a look though. At least it's not set in WWII, I am completely sick of WWII games.

The bad thing is that, in a few years, we'll all be sick of modern war games AND WWII games. I'm still waiting for my WWI FPS game!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Opium said:

The bad thing is that, in a few years, we'll all be sick of modern war games AND WWII games. I'm still waiting for my WWI FPS game!
As far as I know you just sit in a trench for years, play the odd game of football and then you get one battle where you die horribly.

Thats pretty much all I know about WWI (that and how it was caused) and I learnt it from Blackadder. Fucking stupid school, maybe I'll look up some decent documentaries.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can remember playing Frontlines. Bear in mind that was my first WWII game and I though it was great. I have tried Allied Assault but I found it not as good.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hadrian said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Opium said:

As far as I know you just sit in a trench for years, play the odd game of football and then you get one battle where you die horribly.

Thats pretty much all I know about WWI (that and how it was caused) and I learnt it from Blackadder. Fucking stupid school, maybe I'll look up some decent documentaries.
True, WWI wouldn't be at all fun to play.
The most advanced weapons at the time were non-hand-held machine guns, so unless you're a huge fan of non-automatic handguns and rifles, I doubt you'd have a lot of fun with an FPS set in WWI.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @NinStar I like it gentle, then rough, then gentle again. Then I nap. +1