Gaming New Mario platformer and a new Zelda announced!!

monnick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The director of Nintendo in France announced a new Mario Platformer, no spin-off: a really new and great platformer like Super Mario Galaxy. That's amazing news since Nintendo never releases 2 Mario platformers for the same generation console.

And earlier there's a new Zelda announced. So, that is making their bad press conference a lot better!
grog.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
monnick said:
The director of Nintendo in France announced a new Mario Platformer, no spin-off: a really new and great platformer like Super Mario Galaxy. That's amazing news since Nintendo never releases 2 Mario platformers for the same generation console.

And earlier there's a new Zelda announced. So, that is making their bad press conference a lot better!
grog.gif
And your links & proof are where?

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I read the interview on IGN myself. He didn't 100% say it but he put heavy emphasis on it. I don't have the exact wording, but pretty close to what he said in response to why they didn't show a NSMB2: "We only show off titles if they are in showable form." Close enough really...

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaisuto said:
I read the interview on IGN myself. He didn't 100% say it but he put heavy emphasis on it. I don't have the exact wording, but pretty close to what he said in response to why they didn't show a NSMB2: "We only show off titles if they are in showable form." Close enough really...
Oh so its just the guy from France repeating what Miyamoto said to IGN and posted here?
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=95554

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And this just in: Movie theaters around the world announced today they will still be selling popcorn.

More news coming as this story develops...

NeoWoeN

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a really bad english...

He said that the e3 this year was not really turned for the hardcore gamer, because Nintendo wants to try to announce their games by surprise, like for WarioLand.
They don't want there have one year ( for exemple ) between the announcement and the release.
So they turned on a purely marketing strategie, for the casualgamer.

He said it will be the first time there will be two real Zelda and two real Mario on the same console ( with their unique story )

They did not talk about Kid Icarus because it was not in their plans ( And he said that it's not necessarily planned )

What else...

Yeh, he said that the demonstration of WiiMusic was not really convincing.
Wii Music will not be playable with detection in the space of the wiimote, but by pressing different keys .

And mmh... that's all.

( sorry for my english
tpi.gif
)

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dirt4live said:
two zelda games
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
!!!
Really !! oh I love it !!!
Thank you fore translation and thank you Nintendo of France !!!
yaynds.gif
no, it will be the first time there will be two zelda games on one console. So wii: zelda twilight princess and 1 new game. not two. read
tongue.gif

Also, the nintendo japan guy said that "the zelda team and zelda ds team and mario team" have been reformed, so there'll be a mario & zelda for wii and a zelda for ds.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
manias said:
Dirt4live said:
two zelda games
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
!!!
yaynds.gif
no, it will be the first time there will be two zelda games on one console. So wii: zelda twilight princess and 1 new game. not two. read
tongue.gif

Also, the nintendo japan guy said that "the zelda team and zelda ds team and mario team" have been reformed, so there'll be a mario & zelda for wii and a zelda for ds.
The NES, N64 & Gamecube had two Zelda games on them & the Gameboy Colour had three.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hadrian said:
manias said:
Dirt4live said:
two zelda games
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
!!!
yaynds.gif

tongue.gif

The NES, N64 & Gamecube had two Zelda games on them & the Gameboy Colour had three.

He said it will be the first time there will be two real Zelda and two real Mario on the same console ( with their unique story )
n64 had a zelda game and its sequel, gamecube had one zelda game and an n64 port and a wii port (I suppose he looks at it that way, or that it wasn't unique to the cube), gameboy colour had three similar ones? or were they sequels? not sure. And nes.. dunno about those. So yeah, he's talking shit really, but not literally
tongue.gif

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you wanna split hairs here...

Majora's Mask takes place directly after Ocarina of Time's ending, though it's hard telling what happens to that Link when he leaves Termina. If he ever did. D:

Link's Awakening DX was an enhanced port(?) of the original GB game released a few years prior. Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons are both part of the same general story, though they obviously take place in different areas. There was going to be a third Oracle game with Farore as the lead Goddess-type, but...well, I have no idea why it was canceled. So she was put into an arbitrary role in both games. Then again, we have...

"Din's Fire to burn your enemies with its Power!"
"Nayru's Love to protect you with Wisdom!"
"Farore's Wind to give you the courage to...run away?"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life