Hacking New Mail Problem

Naydog101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently recovered from a mail brick problem by following these steps after downloading the fstoolbox tool:

"1. Copy "apps" and "fstoolbox" to your SD card root and overwrite if asked.

2. Startup the Wii and boot HBC (you can use BootMii, Preloader or the Maintainance mode)
to do so.

3. From HBC, run FSToolbox r50 and follow the on-screen instructions until you see your
Wii's file struct (import, meta, shared1, shared2, sys, ticket, title, tmp).

4. Navigate to shared2/wc24/ and replace any file with the one from SD by pressing PLUS.

5. Navigate to shared2/wc24/mbox/ and do the same there.

6. End the app and restart the Wii. You will get a message that your Mail account is broken
and will be restored.

7. ????

8. PROFIT!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Doing the steps above will remove all your saved friends and all messages from your
Message Board."

It worked and my wii started back up normally but this step never happened:

"6. End the app and restart the Wii. You will get a message that your Mail account is broken
and will be restored.

Doing the steps above will remove all your saved friends and all messages from your
Message Board."

I got no message and my messages are still there, friends aren't though. My problem is that I can't use the Nintendo Channel and gives this error:

"Error Code: 261412
WiiConnect24

Cause: There appears to be an internal problem that is preventing specific WiiConnect24 features from working (such as the Nintendo Channel).

Solution: Using the Address Book in the Wii Message Board to register a new friend or to send and receive a message will cause the Wii's internal settings to reset, which should solve the problem. What to do depends on whether you have any friends already registered:

1. You do not have any friends registered in your Address Book:

1. Try registering a friend on the Wii console. If you need assistance registering a friend, click here.

* If you do not have any friends that you can register, you can register your own e-mail address.

2. After you have exchanged Wii Numbers with a friend, you will need to wait approximately ten minutes to an hour (until your friend's name is colored in black in your Address Book) for the process to finish.

2. You already have friends registered in your Address Book:

* Exchange a new message with your friend, using the Message Board. Your friend must reply to the message. Another solution is to register a new friend (see "A" above) if you encounter problems with this process."

I tried to add two of my e-mails but nothing. Any suggestions?

9Update): Apparently the Nintendo channel is working now, so never mind don't know what happened?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters