Hardware New M9T36 Replacements Shorting, Any Ideas?

OhItsSlick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After replacing M9 for the second time (I took my time on this attempt making sure everything was good to go) the switch actually charged and worked for a while. At the end of the day I assumed all was well so I decided to factory reset so I can run CFW but upon taking the switch out of the dock after the reset, the 2101-0001 error popped up again. Has anyone experienced this and was able to find a solution? I’m assuming the charging port is damaged in a way that’s causing voltage to be sent to places it shouldn’t be but I don’t know, what do you think?

Nagaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Check USB C port if there is damage pin / touching pin, and replace it if it's the case

I already had a similare issue and it was just a faulty m92 chip try to replace it again

rip-it-up

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
After replacing M9 for the second time (I took my time on this attempt making sure everything was good to go) the switch actually charged and worked for a while. At the end of the day I assumed all was well so I decided to factory reset so I can run CFW but upon taking the switch out of the dock after the reset, the 2101-0001 error popped up again. Has anyone experienced this and was able to find a solution? I’m assuming the charging port is damaged in a way that’s causing voltage to be sent to places it shouldn’t be but I don’t know, what do you think?
somthing relating to pi3usb, i had a switch which blew m92 twice, i did something with p13usb and that fixed my issue, cant remmeber if it was the chip i replaced or the filter/caps.

OhItsSlick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check USB C port if there is damage pin / touching pin, and replace it if it's the case

I already had a similare issue and it was just a faulty m92 chip try to replace it again
No pins touching as far as I can see under a microscope. I wonder if the person I'm buying M9 chips from is selling chips from a bad batch or something. I ordered 2 more from the same supplier so fingers cross I was just getting unlucky with the chips or something. Thank you for your input!

OhItsSlick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
somthing relating to pi3usb, i had a switch which blew m92 twice, i did something with p13usb and that fixed my issue, cant remmeber if it was the chip i replaced or the filter/caps.
Ok Ill check out pi3. Oddly enough the switch wouldn't dock unless I docked in immediately after removing a known working switch from the dock. If you end up remembering if it was the filters or the chip itself, please let me know! Thank you for the reply.

Nagaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No pins touching as far as I can see under a microscope. I wonder if the person I'm buying M9 chips from is selling chips from a bad batch or something. I ordered 2 more from the same supplier so fingers cross I was just getting unlucky with the chips or something. Thank you for your input!
yeah i had some trouble to find a good supplier for this chip, i buy here : https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/4000325031145.html
Not the cheapest one but never had a trouble with them before i always have 1 or 2 chip on the batch that was faulty

here is the reading of pi3 if you want to check too
P13USB Reading.png

OhItsSlick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i had some trouble to find a good supplier for this chip, i buy here : https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/4000325031145.html
Not the cheapest one but never had a trouble with them before i always have 1 or 2 chip on the batch that was faulty

here is the reading of pi3 if you want to check too
View attachment 295415
Thanks for the in-depth reply! I’ve got a question about the switch you said you fixed earlier. Did you end up finding the cause for the M9s burning? I’m starting to think it’s the charging port somehow despite the none of the pins touching.

rip-it-up

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok Ill check out pi3. Oddly enough the switch wouldn't dock unless I docked in immediately after removing a known working switch from the dock. If you end up remembering if it was the filters or the chip itself, please let me know! Thank you for the reply.
More than likely it was the p13usb I replaced as where I always go to after m92.

when i changed the m92 orignallly it worked for a day then threw up a error code AGAIN

OhItsSlick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sacrificed an old USB-C cable and some header pins to easily measure this with a multimPoormans

More than likely it was the p13usb I replaced as where I always go to after m92.

when i changed the m92 orignallly it worked for a day then threw up a error code AGAIN
Alright cool thanks for the reply. Yeah same thing here, switch was working just fine then bam error code like 8 hours later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off