Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

New M3 DS Simply Loader Released - 1.01 English

Out now...

The M3 team have just released an English loader update for the M3 DS Simply - version 1.01. This update brings the functionality up to par with the R4 DS. Here's what's new...
M3 Team said:

• [*]Supports the WiFi game, DS Rumble Pak, DS Browser

[*]Supports changes of the background of Operation Interface

[*]Supports 4-scale-lightness adjustment ?DS Lite only?

[*]Hides system files in game mode

TheSpade has just brought to my attention the fact that you can use M3 DS Simply skins on the R4 DS and vice versa. Their skinning methods are the same.
  • download.gif
    Download: Local mirror

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a full version link that contains all of the required files for this update to run such as the correct folders, and images. You can then use these images to make your own custom ones. Also this update hides the system files when in game mode. To download the full version that just has to be placed on your microSD go to the link below. This update is kicking!
grog.gif

http://www.Moddz.com

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, you'll need the full update and the files are not interchangeable unless you do the M3 to R4 hack also found on www.Moddz.com. You can interchange the versions of the R4 and M3 Simply with a simple hack! Also, like I said get the image skin templates and full update there too.

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nope, you'll need the full update and the files are not interchangeable unless you do the M3 to R4 hack also found on www.Moddz.com. You can interchange the versions of the R4 and M3 Simply with a simple hack! Also, like I said get the image skin templates and full update there too.

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

Hmm, the source of the R4DS->M3S / M3S->R4DS mod is actually a topic right here on GBATemp and an identical one on SCdev, posted by me. I didn't figure it out though, I just got the info passed on to me by someone who wants to remain anonymous
biggrin.gif
PharaohsVizier however almost figured it out by noting the glob of solder on the PCB, as can be read here on SCdev.

digital_sin has an interesting theory about this whole M3/R4 thing that makes sense to me:

QUOTE(digital_sin @ Jan 6 2007, 12:29 PM)Here's my theory:
R4 team was payed by the M3 team to rebaggage their SLOT1 card as the M3 simply, and keep it updated like the R4 for a small sum of money(propably 2.5$ extra a piece or something). in simple terms, they buy R4s from the R4 team, put a M3 sticker on them, change the position of the jumper pins, and sell them as their product under their name, hoping that everyone who sees a M3 label on a product will gladly pay 5$ extra for it. That would also propably explain why the M3 team announced on the launch of "their" new product that they're going to release a better one soon(aka M3 diamond or whatever), which means that this M3 was just a filler in the gap that they're going to need to develop "the real thing", just so that they can earn a little money on the side while "the real m3" is in development, and also keep their name in the bussiness without dissapearing for too long. It's propably also why they don't have a website of their own for the M3 Simply.

If my theory is correct then:
1)The R4 is always gonna be the one who gets updated first, then the M3 with the exact same features in the new R4 update
2)You'll never need to switch from one flashcart to the other UNLESS the R4 team stops releasing the M3 version of the firmware for them.
3)If you bought both the M3 and the R4, you've just got punked.

leoedin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well - as far as I can see the M3 Real is simply a simply + RAM expansion that allows GBA games to be loaded off it?

Danny from M3 told me the site is under construction still - obviously they aren't very good at making websites

However, the theory may be correct, although it may also be the other way round - the M3 Team have vast experience in devving for this stuff, while the R4 team are relatively new. Danny said that the R4 was the M3 sold by the factory that made it...

Who knows
ohmy.gif

Italic

Trophies
XP
Country
I thought it was impossible to load GBA games off a slot 1 Cart because the transfer speeds were different or something? I'm not sure of the specifics. This would mean a simple RAM expansion would do nothing for GBA support.

Maybe an additional slot 2 cart comes with the M3 real? This means they could add instant support for the DS browser for those who don't have a slot-2 cart already, and rumble functions, even gyroscopic functions (though I doubt it), better homebrew as well as GBA support.

That would be sweet, but I doubt it'll come into fruition.

dnzperson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm pretty sure this kind of thing is quite common in china - where you can get the branded product for a bit extra, or you can buy straight from the factory for a little bit cheaper but you don't get the support that you would get from buying the fully branded product.

This has happened with me when buying products from there, I normally just go straight to the factory.

Note that the factory is normally employed by the designers (in this case M3).

But I'm not sure that this is what's happened this time, as it appears to be the R4 people (supposedly the factory) offering the best support, which makes it seem like the M3 team is just doing the ol'cheapo OEM trick on everyone (as stated in some previous posts).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool