New M3 DS Simply Loader Released - 1.01 English

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Jan 6, 2007.

1. shaunj66
    OP

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom

New M3 DS Simply Loader Released - 1.01 English

Out now...

The M3 team have just released an English loader update for the M3 DS Simply - version 1.01. This update brings the functionality up to par with the R4 DS. Here's what's new...
    TheSpade has just brought to my attention the fact that you can use M3 DS Simply skins on the R4 DS and vice versa. Their skinning methods are the same.

2. Monkey01

Member Monkey01 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    What is the WiFi game? [​IMG]
    And for the rest, not very surprising that it would also get the same updates as R4...

3. FifthE1ement

Member FifthE1ement GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I have a full version link that contains all of the required files for this update to run such as the correct folders, and images. You can then use these images to make your own custom ones. Also this update hides the system files when in game mode. To download the full version that just has to be placed on your microSD go to the link below. This update is kicking! [​IMG]

http://www.Moddz.com

FifthE1ement [​IMG]

4. Katalyst

Member Katalyst Johnald Everyperson

United States
    Awesome. Did I not call this? Looks like it has all of the same things the most recent R4 update has [​IMG]

5. kohkindachi

Member kohkindachi GBAtemp Fan

Singapore
    But the files can't be used together rite? B/w r4 and m3

6. Qpido

Member Qpido Call me Q.

Netherlands
    I'm as stumped as you are.
    What is this 'WiFi game"?

Q~

7. FifthE1ement

Member FifthE1ement GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Nope, you'll need the full update and the files are not interchangeable unless you do the M3 to R4 hack also found on www.Moddz.com. You can interchange the versions of the R4 and M3 Simply with a simple hack! Also, like I said get the image skin templates and full update there too.

FifthE1ement [​IMG]

8. leetdude_007

Member leetdude_007 Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An

United States
    Something really unusual here? I'm just going to assume the cash pipe is flowing into the same pool.

9. jelbo

Member jelbo Ōkami!

Netherlands

10. leoedin

Member leoedin GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    well - as far as I can see the M3 Real is simply a simply + RAM expansion that allows GBA games to be loaded off it?

Danny from M3 told me the site is under construction still - obviously they aren't very good at making websites

However, the theory may be correct, although it may also be the other way round - the M3 Team have vast experience in devving for this stuff, while the R4 team are relatively new. Danny said that the R4 was the M3 sold by the factory that made it...

Who knows [​IMG]

11. Italic

Newcomer Italic Newbie

United Kingdom
    I thought it was impossible to load GBA games off a slot 1 Cart because the transfer speeds were different or something? I'm not sure of the specifics. This would mean a simple RAM expansion would do nothing for GBA support.

Maybe an additional slot 2 cart comes with the M3 real? This means they could add instant support for the DS browser for those who don't have a slot-2 cart already, and rumble functions, even gyroscopic functions (though I doubt it), better homebrew as well as GBA support.

That would be sweet, but I doubt it'll come into fruition.

12. Houou

Member Houou GBAtemp Regular

This is why M3 and sub-companies (R4) own the competition.

13. dnzperson

Newcomer dnzperson Newbie

New Zealand
    I'm pretty sure this kind of thing is quite common in china - where you can get the branded product for a bit extra, or you can buy straight from the factory for a little bit cheaper but you don't get the support that you would get from buying the fully branded product.

This has happened with me when buying products from there, I normally just go straight to the factory.

Note that the factory is normally employed by the designers (in this case M3).

But I'm not sure that this is what's happened this time, as it appears to be the R4 people (supposedly the factory) offering the best support, which makes it seem like the M3 team is just doing the ol'cheapo OEM trick on everyone (as stated in some previous posts).