New Lufia game coming

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a pretty big fan of the Lufia games. At least the SNES games and such. There's a new title in the series coming now. Details are few at the moment, all we have is two bits of art, and no system confirmation. Lufia has never been on a non-nintendo system though, so i'd expect DS or Wii. If I had to hazard a guess, i'm betting DS. Anyways, titles will be unveiled next Famitsu, but here's some art for ya-

qhbyyngijl5mi41gds4b3ra.jpg

tn3kc11mjxvl9h65946vyu4.jpg

I dunno, but the second image reminds me of DS with its vertical orientation... We do assume Square Enix is set to publish the game though. Looking forward to this.

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=103929

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
with this news i howled it out
*ROAAAAAAAAAAAR*
DS, DS, DS. it's always been a nintendo product....
DS
smile.gif

also understanding at the image it looks for 80% like a ds engine
(Hopefully they'll get the sinistrals back in this one)
i loved lufia ever since i played it, best game ever! (Storywise, not Difficulty)

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If it's for DS it's going to be amazing. If not, maybe too.
biggrin.gif

There are so many great DS games right now. But another one cannot hurt..

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What a nice news !
I'm waiting for it, and hope it will be like the Snes RPG.
I played and finished only the SNES episodes, I didn't like the GBA one.

Most likely for the DS, but a real RPG for the wii would be nice too
tongue.gif

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've played and beaten all 4 games, and enjoyed them pretty much. I hope this one takes place after 3, since that's currently the furthest story in the timeline. I'm also hoping it would explain who Arek is, as he's been the biggest mystery of the series since 2.

As for what system this game will be going to, I hope it's either the PSP or DS. Although it's true that the game has only been on Nintendo systems so far, don't forget that the cancelled project Ruins Chaser (Or whatever that title's called, that 3 was supposed to be) was supposed to be released on the PS1.

Fou-Lu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, let us all just hope it's better than Ruins of Lore. That one was so bad I couldn't even finish it.
Lufia 2 is still my favorite game ever and the legend returns is without a doubt my favorite gbc game.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Really? Ruins of Lore wasn't that bad. I'm beginning to think people just didn't like it because it wasn't about Sinistrals, and it was heavily focused on dungeon crawling. Well I'll admit the battle system was flawed in one area, where if your characters are much faster than the enemy, you have to input their battle commands twice and yet they only execute the last one you make.

At least the game introduced a job system to the series, as well as having blacksmiths make items for you when the recipe for said item is found.

Fou-Lu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ChaosBoi said:
Really? Ruins of Lore wasn't that bad. I'm beginning to think people just didn't like it because it wasn't about Sinistrals, and it was heavily focused on dungeon crawling. Well I'll admit the battle system was flawed in one area, where if your characters are much faster than the enemy, you have to input their battle commands twice and yet they only execute the last one you make.

At least the game introduced a job system to the series, as well as having blacksmiths make items for you when the recipe for said item is found.

Story was bad, battles were repetitive, no variety. They butchered the music with horrible remixes.
I will admit that I still played the game until I got to the final boss, but only because I'm a big fan of the series. However when I found that I had absolutely no chance of beating the boss without an excessive amount of grinding I gave up on the game.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Battles have always been repetitive in the series. And what do you mean by no variety? As for the story, yes it was full of cliches and stuff like the generic bad guy looking for power to rule the world, but at least the game itself still had the feel of Lufia despite the absence of Sinistrals.

As for the music, the only remix I can recall is the battle theme that was done for both the Ancient Cave and the regular, and it wasn't bad. A lot of people I know who's played the game actually liked it, since it brought out the Lufia 2 nostalgia in them.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder though if i'm the only one who really remembers and loves the FIRST Lufia game. Lufia Fortress of Doom. I loved the music especially, absolutely awesome. It was a lot different from the rest of the series, but i quite like it.
smile.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I played 2 after 1, and I enjoyed it being the prequel, finding all the references to the previously played game was fun.
I never played the GBC, I think I'll have to correct that mistake if it's the 1st game story sequel
tongue.gif

I didn't like GBA because of the battle system, that was weird to capture and fusion monster (as far as I remember), I was waiting for a Snes RPG type game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool