New Loaders up [finally?] - 11/29/12

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Smiths, Nov 30, 2012.

Nov 30, 2012
  1. Smiths
    OP

Member Smiths AKAIO Person of Interest

United States
    Use updater within AKAIO or go to akaio.net/loaders/ and get them. Should finally have fixed clean Pokemon B&W2 roms or something.

Limited time is a bitch.

Depravo likes this.
  2. LAA

Member LAA GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    A shame they still havent made acekard usuable on 4.4...
    I'm guessing acekard is as good as dead for 3DS, havent updated 3DS yet as I've had no need to. I guess the next 3DS game I want is luigis mansion 2, so I guess that will force me to update and acekard will be lost forever, h ha.

riyaz likes this.
  3. Devilkid32177

Member Devilkid32177 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    well, not dead yet, i have heard through the grapevine that they have a beta patch for it coming soon (idk on eta)
    but it will allow us to update, just cross fingers the big N will not do another update after that D:

loco365 likes this.
  4. Amber Lamps

Banned Amber Lamps Banned

United States
    Imho Nintendo obviously is making a point to thwart the AceKard and it probably is mixing up the team as to how and when to release an update. Personally I feel that it is quite possible that the updates are not changing the amount of AceKard products sold, too, so they probably don't have to be in a real big rush to release said "beta patches". But I can only speculate.

It would be cool if someone reverse engineered the whole thing and made it community based to update this card. Then nobody would have to worry about them closing up shop. But this idea of mine, too, may be a bit far fetched and unrealistic for some reason.

But for me personally, I own four 3DS consoles, a DSi, and a regular DS. So if they block AceKard or anything else, I can still use it on the console that I choose just not the 3DS that I update all the way. Thankfully, SuperCard team is quick to release an update for theirs which imho is very unexpected from that team with their shoddy product track record in the past. Does anyone remember the original SuperCard and how terrible compatability was with it (and what I mean by that is either games not working or running way too slow).

5. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    AKAIO has nothing to do with firmware compatibility...

6. KiTA

Newcomer KiTA Newbie

United States
    It was my understanding that they literally can't make an update for Acekard that will make it work on 4.4. The 3DS firmware now has a way to detect the Acekard in such a way that a simple firmware patch won't hide it. Or so the rumor mill goes.

7. zerov25

Newcomer zerov25 Member

Portugal
    The loader as come out by the way, the acekard site has it in the news. I guess that makes the team a bit alive.