New Legend of Zelda in the works for 3ds

flaboy909

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that development on The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword has finished, what lies ahead for the series? Producer Eiji Aonuma answered that exact question in an interview with Portuguese gaming site MyGames.

Some fans have been asking for a remake of Majora’s Mask for the 3DS, but it sounds like Nintendo has something completely new in store for the system.

Aonuma told the site:

“We are already preparing a new game, a game in the series for the Nintendo 3DS, but don’t think that it is a direct sequel to the Zelda titles released on DS. We are talking about a new game, but it takes much of what has been done on previous consoles.”

So, does this news rule out Majora’s Mask for 3DS? Absolutely not. In fact, Aonuma revealed that he’s spoken to Miyamoto about the idea, though Nintendo has decided to make a completely original game because it didn’t seem right releasing two remakes so quickly.

“It’s something I’m asked about often and I assure you that it is something I’ve spoken to Miyamoto about. But recently we released The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D as a remake. We are considering the idea, but it didn’t seem right to launch a remake one after another, so the next Zelda game on 3DS will be original.”

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/77215/new-zelda-title-being-prepared-for-3ds-majoras-mask-remake-still-possible/

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't mind a Zelda ala Oracle of Seasons/Ages. I never bothered with Minish Cap and Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks were just mediocre.

But in having a console with 3D movement capabilities (aka an analog stick and enough graphical power), I seriously doubt we'll see a 2D return. The same thing happened to the PSP, as much as I love it. Like seriously, name a 2D PSP platformer off the top of your head. Yeah, I can't either.

Reactions: 3 people

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wouldn't mind a Zelda ala Oracle of Seasons/Ages. I never bothered with Minish Cap and Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks were just mediocre.

But in having a console with 3D movement capabilities (aka an analog stick and enough graphical power), I seriously doubt we'll see a 2D return. The same thing happened to the PSP, as much as I love it. Like seriously, name a 2D PSP platformer off the top of your head. Yeah, I can't either.

Prinney: Can I really be the Hero?

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I knew they wouldn't release a MM remake yet. They would get too much hate for making remakes over new games.

I would love to see one eventually. For the 3DS one, I don't know what they have planned, but hoping it is amazing.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would just facepalm if they did a Majora's Mask remake. Seriously, they could just do N64 games on the VC for it and have people buy the game for $30 less and still have it portable, minus a coat of paint. Or at least give users an option. There's a decent amount of PSX remakes on the PSP but I do believe their PSX versions are also available or are becoming available (FFT: War of the Lions for example).

Really though, I would like to see something new from them. I don't mind the 3D Zeldas and I definitely prefer them over the 2D ones but maybe they should explore greener pastures. Maybe make that "Paper Zelda" rumor come true? 2D ala Link's Awakening DX or something creative?

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person