Hardware New Left Joycon Mainboard revision JCL-M-11

g00s3y

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, it seems Nintendo has revised the main board for the left joycon. It seems they have fixed(?) the "weak connection" issue by moving the placement of the internal antenna. Other minor changes also, other on board chips were moved to accommodate the new placement of the antenna. Not sure if anything else is different with it. The right joycon main board, from this pair of joycons, was the same as all the rest, no changes made to the right side yet.

JCL-M-11 (HAC-JCL-MAIN-11) is the new part number.

usgmkii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey just found this thread and it seems to answer a question I had myself.

I saw an FCC filing that says Nintendo was working on a new Joy-Con that moved the antenna towards the bottom of the controller and I assume this is it.

Was the performance better? Did it drop out at any time?

g00s3y

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about how it functions. There is no foam on the antenna, and you wouldn't know if you have the updated design unless you open your joycon up.

I rarely ever use joycons TV mode, so I can't comment there. But I never had issues ever since Nintendo started putting foam on it. If people still have issues, it has to do with the amount of wireless devices in their home, or wireless interference.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte