slenkar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im porting an easy-to-use language for DS called Monkey

here is a screenie of my progress, (this is a physics engine demo someone else made)
nds-2.png

Monkey compiles to other languages , (C++ for the NDS)

It will be slower than handwritten C++ because it uses a garbage collector

At the moment I am using the nitro engine for the 2D graphics (monkey has built-in input sound and graphics)

Unfortunately Monkey costs 120 dollars but this is cheap considering it compiles for all these platforms
flash,desktop,canvas,android,iphone,Xbox 360

I am not making any money from monkey whatsoever, I am just a DS nerd who wants to make games.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
slenkar said:
Im porting an easy-to-use language for DS called Monkey

here is a screenie of my progress, (this is a physics engine demo someone else made)
nds-2.png

Monkey compiles to other languages , (C++ for the NDS)

It will be slower than handwritten C++ because it uses a garbage collector

At the moment I am using the nitro engine for the 2D graphics (monkey has built-in input sound and graphics)

Unfortunately Monkey costs 120 dollars but this is cheap considering it compiles for all these platforms
flash,desktop,canvas,android,iphone,Xbox 360

I am not making any money from monkey whatsoever, I am just a DS nerd who wants to make games.

Sooo... you port a language that ports into C++ and happens to cost 120 bucks when C/C++ is readily available to compile and there has been a real onslaught of nds libraries for every human need.

Uhm... the point is...?

slenkar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some people consider C++ to be too complex, too intimidating or dont like memory management.

Its personal opinion, you may be comfortable with C++ , but others like to use scripting languages for their game logic.(including large game companies)

Monkey is as easy to use as a scripting language but doesnt sacrifice (much) power.

AND

if you make a game for DS you can compile it for other platforms instantaneously

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.