New Labo video turns the Switch into a guitar

New video shows how players can transform their Nintendo Switch into a rubber band guitar:[prebreak]1[/prebreak]

In the latest Nintendo Labo video, Nintendo provides an in-depth look at Toy-Con Garage mode and demonstrates how players can transform their Nintendo Switch into a rubber band guitar.

Nintendo Labo is a new line of interactive make, play and discover experiences designed to inspire creative minds and playful hearts alike. Together with the Nintendo Switch console, the Nintendo Labo kits provide the tools and technology to make fun DIY creations, play games with your creations, and discover how Nintendo Switch technology shapes ideas into reality.

Nintendo Labo launches in Europe on 27th April with two kits: the Variety Kit and the Robot Kit. Both kits include everything you need to bring your Toy-Con to life, including the building materials and relevant Nintendo Switch software.

:arrow:Nintendo Labo Official Site

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would play a REAL guitar if i ever desired to play a guitar.

and what if you didn't have a real guitar available, it might come in handy if your on a midnight train going anywhere :)

While I think the whole Labo thing is overpriced, there are some cool concepts, I just think the software would better suited as some $1 downloads per project, with bundles of the cardboard sold VERY cheap, than maybe some deluxe version with everything for the price of a retail game, but not one project for $30+

For example this guitar app is already freely available on my phone, you can't even argue that it has joycons because you could pair a Bluetooth motion/navigation controller to your phone and have the same exact thing.

Last edited by TheRealNGB,

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
and what if you didn't have a real guitar available, it might come in handy if your on a midnight train going anywhere :)

While I think the whole Labo thing is overpriced, there are some cool concepts, I just think the software would better suited as some $1 download, with bundles of the cardboard cut out sold VERY cheap, than maybe some deluxe version with everything for the price of a retail game, but not one little project for $30+
if you wish to become an musician buying a real guitar shall be considered an investment, what you see here has nothing compared to the real one, because it's just a toy. and it a funny joke if you even try to learn how to play a real guitar through this toy.

i can image how people will threat this thing: paying 70bucks just to taste 15min of fresh idea and give a shii, then back to play mario kart/octopus spray wars 2.

Last edited by leon315,

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you wish to become an musician buying a real guitar shall be considered an investment, what you see here has nothing compared to the real one, because it's just a toy. and it a funny joke if you even try to learn how to play a real guitar through this toy.

i can image how people will threat this thing: paying 70bucks just to taste 15min of fresh idea then give shii, and back to play mario kart/octopus spray wars 2.

Coming from someone who has been playing guitar self taught for over 20 years, I really don't need to be told there is a difference, it is not even a fresh idea, my phone can do the same thing for free, and yeah I only used it for a few minutes, played a couple of tunes, and didn't really think about it again.

I wouldn't ever suggest trying to learn how to play guitar on something like this, just like I wouldn't give someone guitar hero as a learning tool, it is just supposed to be fun, and gateway someones interest in to doing the real thing, and visa versa.

Last edited by TheRealNGB,
Reactions: Technicmaster0

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
PC did it first!
FL8SJ0n.png

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
PC did it first!
FL8SJ0n.png
epic hahahahaa : D, you made mai day!

Coming from someone who has been playing guitar self taught for over 20 years, I really don't need to be told there is a difference, it is not even a fresh idea, my phone can do the same thing for free, and yeah I only used it for a few minutes, played a couple of tunes, and didn't really think about it again.

THAT'S what exactly i said, do u like repeat my msg??

Last edited by leon315,

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this look to be the most confusing and complicated one yet
doesn't look like fun at all
especially having to use the joycon at the neck
looks awful

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
To be fair, most of them are ports. The Switch doesn't have many exclusives and when it does have exclusives, it's cheap gimmicky shit like this.

Probably needs another year before the real exclusive games roll in much like the 3DS.
But it has Mario, Zelda and Splatoon, that's not bad for the first year. And soon it'll have Pokemon and Smash as well.

Reactions: SkylarTheNerd

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this look to be the most confusing and complicated one yet
doesn't look like fun at all
especially having to use the joycon at the neck
looks awful
This doesn't come with the kit. It's an example of what's possible to do just with creativity and messing around with the inputs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: im new