New 'Kirby Fighters 2' game listing leaked on Nintendo's website

Switch_KirbyFighters2_box_eShop.png

Kirby Fighters first made its appearance in 2014 as a mini-game in the 3DS title Kirby: Triple Deluxe, and then as the enhanced standalone 3DS eShop title Kirby Fighters Deluxe. We didn't hear much about it until now as it seems a sequel will be released shortly. Indeed, on the official Play Nintendo website, a listing for Kirby FIghters 2 leaked, without any prior announcement. The listing, which is still available at the time of writing (see attached screenshots) reads the following:

Choose from a cast of Kirby’s most iconic copy abilities—including the brand-new Wrestler ability—and duke it out to be the last Kirby standing. Familiar friends and foes like Bandana Waddle Dee and King Dedede also make an appearance as playable characters in the Kirby Fighters 2 game, available exclusively for the Nintendo Switch system.

kirby 2.PNG

screenshot.PNG broken.PNG

You can try to see the listing for yourself by going to the Game Finder for parents link on the Play Nintendo website, and under 'Which system do they play on?', select 'Nintendo Switch systems'. You will then find Kirby Fighters 2 as the second game.

Clicking on the listing however leads to an unavailable page (see second thumbnail above). According to this leak, Kirby Fighters 2 will launch exclusively on the Switch at $20.

:arrow: SOURCE

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good for fan but not for me. I tried it and it was too weird and not my things. I would let my kid play it but not me. lol. Absolutely not.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm willing to bet this one is co-developed by Vanpool, since they co-developed Super Kirby Clash.
That seems to be the fate they're resigned to after the Dillon's Rolling Western series didn't pan out.

Anyway, hopefully it's got some good music. Super Kirby Clash had some excellent tracks in there.

Last edited by RupeeClock,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Deleted member 532471

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Time for the yearly Kirby kusoge I guess

Kirby fighters is only good if you're that person who avoids smash Bros because you're sick of everyone praising it and you're still curious to play it but won't admit it

Otherwise this game is worthless, it's just a smash lite, but extremely devoid of content
It's more bare than shadow the hedgehog, which had 2 different characters in multiplayer

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least no one is complaining about the Mario pins that was some evil marketing :evil: they made sure you opened and redeemed your rewards just to be fooled yesterday with server overload :switch:

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
kirby is already in smash he doesn't need his own lame AF fighting game filled with micro$ just like the 3ds one. is this the best you can do nintendo this and $60 ports? meanwhile prime 4 is still a no show :glare:

Last edited by Bladexdsl,
Reactions: DarkCoffe64

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
kirby is already in smash he doesn't need his own lame AF fighting game filled with micro$ just like the 3ds one.
I think you're mixed up there, bud. Kirby Fighter Deluxe didn't have any micro transaction, Super Kirby Clash had microtransaction, which was relatively easy to finish for free.

Super Kirby Clash is definitely superior to Kirby Fighter, so I'm confused why they would do a sequel of that instead.

Last edited by medoli900,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended