New Kid on the Block... SNEEK

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Nintynuts, Mar 16, 2010.

Mar 16, 2010
  1. Nintynuts

Newcomer Nintynuts Member

Mar 14, 2009
    United Kingdom
    It's been a while since I've visited GBATemp.

I'm very happy with the performance of my Wii, though I've never followed the principle of 'if it ain't broke don't fix it', I'm always after the newest developments.

So, here I come and this new thing SNEEK has turned up.

My first observation was it seemed to allow loading ISOs into the Disc Channel...AWESOME!

However after further reading I discover it's something completely different involving NAND Backups (and the disc channel function is only a part of the emulation).

So, this lead me to thinking "Could I have an unhacked Wii (3.2 or something), with just BootMii, emulating 4.2 hacked for USB Loading and Region Free WADs?"

This is what i'm primarily here to find out.

Also i'd like to know:
    Is this theory completely pointless...
    What limitations SNEEK has
    Could you hypothetically install unlimited amounts of wads with a big enough SD card.
    Will it ever be possible to emulate NAND from HDD (making EVERYTHING except bootmii on it)
    Where the hell to get it if and when it's released (Something about GPL licence infringement?)
    If there's anything important i've missed
    What your suggestions are for possibly making this setup from my current situation
    Are cIOS 18/19 just updates for SNEEK compatibility and which of 14 (my current), 17, 18 or 19 is best stability-wise.

There may be more...