New iPad/iPad 3 operates at a higher temperature

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Of course they do because there's really no problem.
Rydian said it before and I'll reiterate. They've stuck a more powerful chip in a system with essentially the same cooling design as before. Of course it will run hotter! 33 degrees c isn't too bad but I can see how it would be a problem if used for a prolonged length of time but its not going to fry the iPad. On top of the more powerful chip they've also got a screen with more pixels which i'd imagine generates more heat too. My laptop regularly gets up to around 70degrees. 30 degrees isn't enough for a processor to even be feeling it.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
According to some, the iPad can go to as high as 42 degrees Celsius when playing games. About 6 degrees higher than the 'normal' temp.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Is that internal or external? If it's external, that could be a problem.
They use infrared sensors to measure the temp. So I suppose it's internal... My physics sucks though.
Infrared will see what gets out so that's external heat.
According to some tests carried out by various sites (like CNET), the iPad is indeed warmer than the predecessor (which is natural) and operates well under normal temperature even with 'intense' gaming at full brightness, which I think is too bizarre for normal use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night