new IOS wads in Metroid Prime New Play Controls

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by noobwarrior7, Feb 25, 2009.

1. noobwarrior7
    OP

Member noobwarrior7 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    well, I had mentioned briefly before that I had come up with a super-obvious way to downgrade if we ever got in a jam again, with yet another modified wad manager using the until-now untouched (unless I am mistaken) IOS4 instead of 16....(I hadnt mentioned the "how" with the IOS4, just that I had a way, but ERR wrong)

...looks like nintendo was FINALLY thinking ahead....because the new metroid prime remake contains the first properly signed wad I have ever seen of IOS4, and since it is already on every wii, I kinda doubt it is the old version. update: definitely the newer one....glanced at wiibrew.
    (I was actually pretty sure that IOS4 might be how the new hbc installers work, but I must be wrong.)

let me make sure I am clear, this is the wad of the IOS4 which I guess was updated on October 23rd, I just have never seen a wad of it at all before....so I didnt know, since I didnt do the October 23rd update, interesting is all.

also of interest, new wads that I don't believe have made an appearance until this disc:

-(signed, of course) IOS50 (hooray!!!!) [maybe this wad already so? I hadn't seen it....I guess I had only seen 3.3v2 on discs?]
    -(signed, of course) MIOSv9 ???
    -(signed, of course) IOS10????? wtf? are we looking at error 003 or something here? [I thought djdynamite had this IOS once....hmmm]

additional: BCv5 may or may not be new, I normally ignore BC.

2. dmonkey21

Member dmonkey21 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    wow, mios9 that is wierd lol. I wonder if the new play control games use something from gamecube mode or something strange like that? Have you tried to play it? That would be annoying if there really was an error 003 or similar new problem lol

*EDIT* - Damn I just read your post in the other thread and it looks like there may be another problem huh [​IMG]

3. noobwarrior7
    OP

United States
    it plays fine, and it definitely is all wii-side.....and this is new, Ive checked all the N.P.C. discs that I am aware of, this stuff it NEW.

I'm chipped, using english patched version.....but softmodders seem to have to patch to 249, or at least PAL softmodders have to patch to 249, and even then reporting some errors.

4. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    Are you talking about the Metroid asosubudunno what..??? well BCv5 is not new (nor important [​IMG]), IOS50..?? is the sysmenu in there the 3.4..?? if so then the only new file will be the MIOSv9 and I have installed on my Wii don't know from where this:

Title=1-a (IOS10) vers: 3.0 (768)

5. noobwarrior7
    OP

United States
    yep IOS10, is new, and a wad of 50 has not been available (maybe wrong about that one), neither has a wad of 4 im pretty positive, its not that they are three new IOS, but having them as signed wads is new.....you could dump em and fakesign em, but this is of interest.....theres a reason why you can NOT find menu 3.2 on discs, because it is the most exploited, only bushing's disc have it from all the searching I have done.

6. Wii-Nis

Newcomer Wii-Nis Advanced Member

United States
    metroid prime DOES NOT have IOS 4 wad....here is what is on NTCS-J Metroid Prime Wii des Asoubu

BOOT2-64-v2.wad [0x1] [0x38000] [0x24E00] [2]
    IOS9-64-v516.wad [0x1] [0x5CE00] [0x17CD80] [3]

geez all you have to do is load the ISO with wiiscrubber and you can see what is packed into this game..IOS4 is not packed in.

7. noobwarrior7
    OP

United States
    um you are a retard...thats the brickblocked partition....good job....brickblocking introduces a fake partition......(claps for you)

8. Wii-Nis

United States
    no, that is the image after i dumped the game...see i actually buy games...one of the few reasons i softmodded was a. i have 2 kids, kids and disc media dont mix. b. i am fluent in the nippon language and enjoy playing NTSC-J games. so instead of shelling out more money for a Wii i already owned i TWH my NTSC-U wii...i dont use brickblocker, never have....starfall has worked fine for me.

9. noobwarrior7
    OP

United States

so......youre saying.......a brand new disc, weeks old.........has only the two oldest wads available..........and you actually think that is correct.....

dude....its a brickblocked image.

10. fogbank

Member fogbank GBAtemp Fan

United States
    IOS10 has been listed on the wiibrew.org title database for a long time. I have seen title listings from Wiis that had it before also. In the November 2008 update that was logged on WiiBrew (or maybe HackMii) it was listed as "removed":

====== Titles Removed ======

IOS10
    Title ID: 00000001-0000000a
    Version: 0x 300
    Size: 245760

(I believe that "removed" means it was removed from the update, not removed from the Wii during the update).

11. noobwarrior7
    OP

United States

a long time is very relative, it was only november when djdynamite had it show up in title lister...and it wasnt on wiibrew IOS list at that time....plus if it just made the list for being "removed"...then I still say....huh?

oh well, just fun food for thought...peace out.

12. Wii-Nis

United States
    for a game that is 7 years old, and the only differance between the GC version and the "new" wii version is the controls....the game is just about the same size as the gamecube version.....the graphics were not updated...what this basically amounts to is a gamecube game with a wiimote, thats it. so yeah i can see "old" IOS's being used on this game...they seemed to work for Prime 3 didn't they.

13. noobwarrior7
    OP

United States
    think what you want...all the NPC games have a hefty list of IOS in their update partition.....some have those in the fifties, but all go up to the 30's at least.....in fact pretty much all wii games do these days.

maybe something in your dumping process brickblocked it, but Im pretty sure thats not possible....someone else should be able to confirm what I've said....since Im staring right at the iso in scrubber, with the most complete IOS list ever seen.

14. Wii-Nis

United States
    ....maybe it has something to do with the way im dumping the games/dump prog automatically brickblocks it? i've done so many that im like a zombie when i do it so i dont pay much attention.....either way, the backup copies have to be patched with IOS 249 on all wii regions....

15. TheEnigmaLiesbro

Newcomer TheEnigmaLiesbro Member

United States
    now now children [​IMG]

16. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Are you dumping it with the wii dumper or with one of those compatible drives?

17. nIxx

Member nIxx GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    Only to clear some things

[​IMG]

That´s on the Gamedisc

18. Wii-Nis

United States
    yeah i have the LG-8164b

19. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany

looooool, you are really serious? IOS9v516 doesn't have the trucha bug fixed. If you brickblock a game, you get exactly these 2 files inside the update parition. I'm almost sure you either brickblocked yourself or you downloaded a brickblocked .iso.

20. Linuks

Member Linuks GBAtemp Regular

France
    mios v9 and IOS50 are not new (18/11/08 update) and IOS10 was deleted by nintendo after an update.
    IOS53 and IOS55 are also in NFS.