lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just update and install Internet Explorer v7 and it $uck..
mad.gif

I just hate it so much:

1. it load very slow just to open a Internet Explorer window page
2. some site can't loads and some weblink don't work (need to copy and paste)
3. the text seen harder to read...
4. if you install google bar you can't find your Internet Explorer tabs bar
5. it having some problem with java and php (if you order a book in amazon and combie with other you'll get a erorr page or a site saying not working but it seen find on version IE6?)

6. and many more

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I actually love it.
I switched a while back to firefox but after a while I realized that the only things I was enjoying were the Tabs and the way favorites are organized.
However there are still a lot of sites out there which are havily optimized for IE, and in many cases I had problem with sites not recognizing my password and not displaying embebbed videos on the page.
So I had to use IE only for those sites.
In other word, firefox was nice but I still needed IE.
Now that IE7 has a nice TABS function, and a vastly superior favorites managemant(you can also make it sticky on the left and browse all your favorites without loosing track) plus it work 100% with all the sites I visit. That means that one explorer is enough for me now.
And I nevere experienced any slowdown or login problems.
If so you should tune up your security settings or upgrade your hardware. or keep your hardware and use firefox or IE6.
Some people they just hate MS no matter what, but I like this enviroment and it's getting slowly better.

L

lastdual

I use both FF and IE.

I could care less about tabs, so the main thing I like about FF is the speed. However, IE is generally more compatible, as I still find issues now and then even though I've got pretty much all the popular plugins for FF.

I'm sure IE7 has some kinks to work out, but this is to be expected at this stage, especially with plugins made for older versions. The new changes look great on the whole, and I expect that new surfers who start out with Vista and IE7 will be less likely to look for another browser (unless they're the type that always make a point of typing "M$", etc). Also, since IE7 has been heavily designd with Vista in mind, it's likely going to provide a better experience on the new OS rather than XP.

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
FireFox tip: Use FireFox for your everyday browsing, and when you encounter an uncompatible page,use a little nice little extension called "IE Tab" which allows you to view the pages in FireFox using Internet Explorer, while its still inside the FireFox window:)

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Firefox 2.0 was released today, this thread was right on time!
biggrin.gif

I'm running 2.0 now, it's great so far. There's a built in spell checker on all text boxes (thank god, now forum goers will have better English) and a couple of other nifty features and layout changes.

Grab Firefox 2.0 HERE

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
IE7 is a joke itselfs ... even after seeing that the task bars are weirdly changed in position and not changable (i get angry only looking at the that main tab with menue and such in it ... why did they put it in the center ? there is not a single program that hast that in the genster of the tabs ... its the most important it has to be on top --- ) and i had some probs with IE7 too ...

i uninstalled it the same day i installed it ... lucky ie6 is installed while ie7 is removed.

and i think there are many ppl who hate the new ie else there wouldn't be so much pages about removing it
biggrin.gif

corbs132

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im sticking with fx. it:
a) looks amazing and is themable
b) is faster
c) has better extensions and a lot more of them
d) the logo is a pimpin fox
e) self explanitory.

so, fx fo sho.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll upgrade to Firefox 2 later.... just waiting to see if any bugs still manage to slip through. I love using Firefox but for some reason, everyone one of my family still uses IE since they're too used to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning