Gaming New International Track and Field (E)

Icey

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well this is my first thread so I though I would make it about one of the games I am addicted to at the moment,
I searched a couple of times and couldn't find a thread on this, so if there is one that I missed I'm sorry
frown.gif

Anyway, I've been looking for a FAQ on how to unlock characters/events but it seems none are out, all I know is that to unlock "Ming Ming" (Panda) you sign up on www.newtrackandfield.com, Frogger and Snake are in the game but I haven't a clue on how to unlock them.
Gamespots Hands-On: http://www.gamespot.com/ds/sports/internat...=gumballs;img;2
Screenshots:
new-international-track-field-20080611100934461_640w.jpg

new-international-track-field-20080611100935727_640w.jpg

new-international-track-field-20080611100937055_640w.jpg

new-international-track-field-20080611100950477_640w.jpg

My Records:
100Meter Sprint: 11.855
Long Jump: 7.455
Javelin: 83.645
110meter Hurdles: 15:055
Shot Put: 22.344Meters
Vault: 6.01
Skeet Shooting (I suck): 2206
400Meter Distance: 42.996
and thats all I've unlocked so far...

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I found this game quite similar to mario and sonic at the Olympic games, the only reason I tried it was because I heard you could play as solid snake, turns out you have to unlock him and he's probably like the last one you unlock

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
This game is really hard, i can't even do the easy events some of the time. Mario and sonic is much easier.
I've beaten a few of your scores on your events.

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to say, I'm disappointed in this game. This is one of those releases I really wanted to be good. I grew up on the stand-up "International Track and Field" games in the arcades. The ones that required you to bang 2 buttons back and forth as fast as you can in order to make your character run fast. These games got absolutely beaten to hell the first week in use.

Anyway, this is basically Mario and Sonic all over again. The game looks good, has some nice visuals, decent music, but it relies almost solely on how fast you can move your stylus back and forth. The amount of thought and skill this game requires is virtually nil. It just isn't a fun experience.

Rehehelly

Trophies
XP
Country
SleepingDragon said:
I have to say, I'm disappointed in this game. This is one of those releases I really wanted to be good. I grew up on the stand-up "International Track and Field" games in the arcades. The ones that required you to bang 2 buttons back and forth as fast as you can in order to make your character run fast. These games got absolutely beaten to hell the first week in use.

Anyway, this is basically Mario and Sonic all over again. The game looks good, has some nice visuals, decent music, but it relies almost solely on how fast you can move your stylus back and forth. The amount of thought and skill this game requires is virtually nil. It just isn't a fun experience.

You can change to button controls in Game options.

I enjoy this game, frogger you gain after completing all events I believe, then Sparkster at getting all gold in Easy mode. Medium unlocks Evil Rose & Simon Belmont, Ming Ming by registering. I really want Snake, assuming I have to do hard mode and get all golds.

Which.. I find impossible.

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SleepingDragon said:

Have you tried changing to the button configuration?
The game isn't worth playing if your going for a single player only experience. The whole point getting better to tackle on other people scores on the community site or join a team with other players and aim for the top. The multiplayer aspect of the game is amazing well done. If your just playing for your own personal records, you won't have any fun.

I'm currently ranked 6 in the world! Yay me!
grog.gif

Make that rank 7...

Hey Rehehelly, you opened up a GBATemp team right? Have you advertised it any yet? I found it strange that a GBATemp group would be empty. I would advertise my own team, but that just wouldn't be fair. We were ranked 2, but adding new members made our average go down. But we're still doing pretty good.

Icey

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GameDragon said:
SleepingDragon said:

Have you tried changing to the button configuration?
The game isn't worth playing if your going for a single player only experience. The whole point getting better to tackle on other people scores on the community site or join a team with other players and aim for the top. The multiplayer aspect of the game is amazing well done. If your just playing for your own personal records, you won't have any fun.

I'm currently ranked 6 in the world! Yay me!
grog.gif

Make that rank 7...

Hey Rehehelly, you opened up a GBATemp team right? Have you advertised it any yet? I found it strange that a GBATemp group would be empty. I would advertise my own team, but that just wouldn't be fair. We were ranked 2, but adding new members made our average go down. But we're still doing pretty good.

I applied for the GBATEMP team tonight, although my scores suck compared to Rehehelly...

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SawFan4Life said:
I applied for the GBATEMP team tonight, although my scores suck compared to Rehehelly...

Yes, Rehehelly's scores are pretty good. I was really impressed. Would you guys care to trade friend codes with me? I would love to play a couple of events. Just send me a PM.

Rehehelly

Trophies
XP
Country
Check out the FC thread for NITF in Wifi general chat.

Just accepted the peoples requests to join. I'm not that good tbh, i'm still using stylus controls (as I can't manage button controls, really bloody hard to get the right rhythm I find)

I was #6 for Archery I believe, then people raped me so I need to try that again.

mang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to get this game to work (both US and E). It loads to a screen which says the save file could not be accessed and i cant get any further than that. i've tried to create a save file, not create a save file, and use a downloaded save file and none of them work. Any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning