New Intellivision Amico Gamescom trailer gives a glimpse at some of its exclusive games

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    So I guess their whole strategy revolves around hoping that people forget the Nintendo Switch exists? They say they're really pushing the local multiplayer aspect, but can you even connect more than two controllers to this thing? Just seems like a really half-assed concept overall.

2. Crazystato

Crazystato GBAtemp Regular

Oct 24, 2016
    Australia
    I feel like I just watched an infomercial

3. vincentx77

vincentx77 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2009
    United States
    There's a part of me that likes the idea of something like this. I just hate those controllers. Why buttonless? I think that will be a deal-breaker for a lot of retro enthusiasts, who, let's face it, are the people the console is really targeting. I still think I'll be able to get one the following year for $49 or less.

4. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I'm not sure if I'd buy it, but the games kinda look ok and it's possible they could pull it off if they market it at a good price and don't get too much bad press from trolls.

I don't like how the teaser cuts quickly from game to game, I'd have preferred if they had prioritized that over the evangelical stuff.

The games kinda look 3d to me, so I wonder what their "better 2d performance" claim is about.

5. Essasetic

Essasetic Neutral

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    This feels like a low budget Kickstarter video. This will be a flop.

wiewiec likes this.
  6. NeroAngelo

NeroAngelo Clueless Importer

Dec 31, 2003
    Libya
    even the music... my god ... it checked ALL the Cringe boxes ... :rofl2:

x65943 likes this.
  7. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    How can you possibly flex on 2D graphics? :rofl2:Pushing 8K at 960Hz? What a joke.

Silent_Gunner likes this.
  8. Voyambar

Voyambar Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2019
    Antarctica
    My Basement
    The Google Stadia will be a big flop and failure in the gaming industry. Streaming games will never catch on. Its pure bullshit and over half of the world cant make use of it. I would rather crash an old PC trying to play a very high-res game than to stream it.

9. Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng Netti Netti

Aug 15, 2012
    United States
    Where my feet lie on the ground
    The thing is, I feel like game streaming has potential if done right. It's not something that can flat out replace regular gaming, no, but it's a great alternative or secondary option. Google Stadia for instance fucked themselves with the buying the games yourself + subscription fee, but let's say a service gives you an entire library (Netflix) with just the subscription fee, I think that could take off. And I do hope one day, Internet will be unlimited and fast all over the world.

Pipistrele and MicmasH_W like this.
  10. xBleedingSoulx

xBleedingSoulx GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 20, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Barnsley, England
    Not gonna lie, it reminds me of one of those shitty £10 game consoles that come with 100's of "retro" games. Not interested in the slightest.

wiewiec likes this.
  11. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I get the feeling that they'll fleece the early adopters because they don't believe in the idea enough to fully fund it themselves.

I'm interested in how much of a market share they get in the next ten years and whether they'll keep hold of it.

12. Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng Netti Netti

Aug 15, 2012
    United States
    Where my feet lie on the ground
    I doubt it, it's Google we're talking about here, they have more than enough money and existing resources (servers).

13. CMDreamer

CMDreamer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 29, 2014
    Mexico
    This looks very interesting.

Long ago, I played with the original Intellivision (from a cousin of mine). It's games were very similar to Atari ones, but some were really fun.

Looks like those old games are being... (don't want to use the very same therm gaming industry uses nowadays for every remake they make, but...) remastered. (Ouch!).
    Just hope those games are not as crappy and junky as most remakes gaming industries make on current gen consoles.

14. MicmasH_W

MicmasH_W Cat boi

Jul 18, 2019
    United States
    Pixel Joint
    I have that Ipega controller - if you replace the silicon pads it is pretty damn good. Full analog sticks, but you gotta flip the switch on the side.

Jiehfeng likes this.
  15. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    United Kingdom
    They have enough money, but unless they get the cost down then it's not going to last. Google drop projects all the time.

Ryccardo, osaka35 and Jiehfeng like this.
  16. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Addict

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    yeup... he's also behind about 8 pounds of bronzer too

Last edited by weatMod, Aug 24, 2019
  17. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Exactly why Google Stadia and its cloud gaming are an abortion. If it was pay monthly, get access to games instead of paying for each one, I wouldn't be opposed as much. Paying to stream a game that will no longer be accessible later on is lame.

duwen, Silent_Gunner and Jiehfeng like this.
  18. Orangy57

Orangy57 bruh

Aug 17, 2015
    United States
    New Jersey
    Those controllers look real weird, but at least they're trying something different even if it'll be a flop

19. UltraSUPRA

UltraSUPRA Born in '04, living in '96.

May 4, 2018
    United States
    I'll take it.
    Why?

Because worm.

20. pustal

pustal Koalafied member.

Jul 19, 2011
    Portugal
    The Matrix
    Atari should hire his cousin Steve Tyler for aggressive marketing.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted