1. Jmbenetti

Jmbenetti Member
    Newcomer

Argentina
    This could be done good, but these games look like cheap mobile games made on Unity. When I think of quality 2d games I think on Shovel Knight, Shantae or Sonic Manía, not this.

2. pustal

pustal Koalafied member.

Portugal
    I didn't realize that Tommy was behind this project.

3. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    this is doomed to fail because the market this is aimed at which is casuals and kids will just play these type of games on their phones it doesn't matter if this has exclusives i am sure they will just be clones of many other games already available elsewhere. also those controllers are fucking ugly and horrible. what did they design this off a 1980's telephone?! :lol:

Last edited by Bladexdsl, Aug 23, 2019
  4. fanheavy

fanheavy Member
    Newcomer

Serbia, Republic of
    Eh, this doesn't feel like its going to be a successful console, it feels like its mainly targeting the people who used to own the original Intellivision with the reimaginings and remasters of older games and that's alright, but it seems like its going to be way too niche. Also it targets "causal gamers" when most people that play games don't want to be seen as causal and the actual casuals play mobile games.
    The YouTube comments seem kinda excited, but i'm pretty sure its going to flop.
    Also was getting some OUYA vibes from the trailer with the "redefining entertainment with family and friends" and the "fun with a group of people" stuff.

5. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

United Kingdom
    ...pretty sure it's meant to be evocative of the original systems - and in that regard it looks great... how ergonomic or "good" it is will remain to be seen.
    [​IMG]

6. Digs

Digs GBAtemp Regular

United States
    LMAO No way, shut up, they put two Zune MP3 players inside a foot massager!
    I kinda want one.

Bladexdsl and Sono like this.
  7. fadx

fadx Filthy Cheater

United Kingdom
    Don't be surprised if this ends up being an OUYA 2.0

fanheavy and Silent_Gunner like this.
  8. DeadlyFoez

DeadlyFoez XFlak Fanboy

United States
    They should just call it the Ouya 2
    And those controllers :huh:

9. warweeny

warweeny GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    The guy is confusing home entertainment with arcades.
    So i guess people who were in arcades could like this?
    They all look like arcade games anyway, only thing missing is "insert coin".

10. LiveLatios

LiveLatios Profesionnal Scalie

Canada
    that controller still looks like ass

and i remember when they said the system would only do 2D games, but "really good looking 2D games that the other consoles can't do"
    last i checked consoles as far back as the ps1 and n64 were capable of 2.5D, which is what this thing seems to have judhing by those games

11. Reynardine

Reynardine The Villagefox

Germany
    Most (if not all) of the games in this trailer are remakes of old Atari/Intellivision games. I certainly recognize Moon Patrol, Asteroids and Lock'n'Chase there.

These are all basic arcade style highscore chase games that very few of the younger generation will be interested in. It looks like they are creating this console mainly for people with nostalgia for the original Intellivision console which can't be that many.

Like I said, they might as well just put these games on a compilation and release them on already existing consoles.

Earthworm Jim alone can't save this thing.

Edit:
    I stand corrected.:)

Last edited by Reynardine, Aug 23, 2019
  12. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    yeah you pay 60$ plus stadia monthly fee to stream the game and then if you miss the stadia dee you loose the ability to play the game so you just lost your 60$ lol.

but yeah those intel games look like something found on the android shop games really, i have zero interest on this list, i dont think atari like games aged well, they have no end just infinite playthrough until you die to get a high score, so meh i dont play games that dont end.

StupidGamer1 and Jiehfeng like this.
  13. R0B0T0

R0B0T0 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Asteroids and Moon Patrol were never officially released for the Intellivision. They were on the Atari VCS though.

14. Reynardine

Reynardine The Villagefox

Germany
    You got me. I didn't know that. It was the homebrew clone "Space Patrol" that I played a while ago.

I'm only familiar with the Intellivision through emulation. There's an excellent homebrew Arcade Donkey Kong port for it, that's how I became interested in the console.

Last edited by Reynardine, Aug 23, 2019
  15. m_babble

m_babble Elder Phantom

United States
    Dude spends the whole video reiterating the same point. Regardless, this could be cool. Curious to see how it pans out.

16. Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng a.k.a, Your Maitreya

Sri Lanka
    Well to be fair, a lot of companies do that. ;o; (though ofc I'm not saying that's right)

3:37 timestamp

Last edited by Jiehfeng, Aug 23, 2019
  17. wiewiec

wiewiec GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Poland
    I do not think this console is for some one who not have nostalgia to Intelivision. This vid isn't impressive even graphically. I think that most of players buy switch compared to this. I do not think this controllers are comfortable, they also wanna provide some app to use smartphone as controllers (lag). Even if this is cheap, but 0% chances compared to Switch that isn't only for 2D simple games.

18. CORE

CORE 3:16

United Kingdom
    Very interesting and the games did not look half bad will be keeping an eye on this.

19. rusty shackleford

Newcomer

United States
    Hold up, was that Ecco Tha MuthaF%&*$ Dolphin at the end?

weatMod likes this.
  20. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

United Kingdom
    No ecco has always been single:D

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Intellivision, exclusive, Gamescom