OP
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
Read that in another forum :

"Divineo.co.uk has shot us over furter insider information regarding Datel's FreeLoader product for the Wii. So far, 41 Wii import games have been tested on a PAL console, 37 worked without problems while 4 required a firmware update to work. This is disabled but to get these games to work on a lower firmware, you need to do a DOUBLE swap, ie re-insert FreeLoader then insert the game again to work. It is also beleived that there will be three versions of the software, one for each JAP/USA/EU, thus the images are likely not to be final and will have just one respective flag on the front."

So the Freeloader is a real new hack and not the one used in modchips ported to a disc ...

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I hope a backup of the freeloader works fine on modchips
biggrin.gif

I need to play manhunt 2, NTSC version doesn't work on my PAL wii

bailli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Shuny said:
Read that in another forum :

"Divineo.co.uk has shot us over furter insider information regarding Datel's FreeLoader product for the Wii. So far, 41 Wii import games have been tested on a PAL console, 37 worked without problems while 4 required a firmware update to work. This is disabled but to get these games to work on a lower firmware, you need to do a DOUBLE swap, ie re-insert FreeLoader then insert the game again to work. It is also beleived that there will be three versions of the software, one for each JAP/USA/EU, thus the images are likely not to be final and will have just one respective flag on the front."

So the Freeloader is a real new hack and not the one used in modchips ported to a disc ...

That sounds to me exactly like the "modchip compatibility".
What makes you think this is a new hack? These 4 games could very well be MP3, SMG, SSBB and a forth one.
So I seen no reason why this is different from the modchip/RegionFrii approach.
And so you will end up with double channels since it seems the "update-block" feature works only on games that work brickblocked...

EDIT: Hm okay after reading the post for the second time I'm not sure whether the "double swap" means that the firmware is updated or not...
So maybe no double channels. Or Datel just stole our work too and "manually" runs the IOS updates...

gotissues

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
With manhunt 2 uncensored already having a release I can only assume that once no more heroes hits the shelves in europe we will have a uncensored edition in a matter of days.
Still the idea of a freeloader so that PAL users can play NTSC games instantly (without waiting months and months) appeals a lot.

EDIT":
QUOTE said:
I hope a backup of the freeloader works fine on modchips biggrin.gif
I need to play manhunt 2, NTSC version doesn't work on my PAL wii
The uncensored manhunt 2 version mentioned above works on PAL wiis supposedly.
It got german text(menus only?) as well if interested

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Btw today at school I gave one of my cookies from my snack to the girl I like.