1. medoli900

medoli900 Open the Benzenes Gates

Oh, you mean that Steam service meant to flank Parsec?
    You could already use Parsec without any issues for RetroPie, so I also don't see the real advantage.
    More visibility is nice, but I feel like all those new RetroArch Steam user won't understand the difference between piracy and playing your own ripped backup. I expect a shitfest on Steam's forum tbh.

2. Ricken

Ricken Why Can We Not Be Sober

United States
    I'd imagine there would be. If it uses the same folder structure as Steam-less Retroarch, you could simply put the core dlls in here
    [​IMG]

3. m4xw

m4xw Ancient Deity
    Developer

Germany
    Yea that will just work.

Ricken likes this.
  4. Clutz450

Clutz450 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    For everyone saying, "What's the point", isn't this kind of the same thing as DOSBox and SCUMMVM? Those are both freely available emulators that I can install on my own without Steam. But because they are integrated into Steam it allowed me to legally buy some games like Commander Keen (DOSBox) and Freddie The Fish (SCUMMVM). Both of those games I could have pirated and played with the same emulators outside if Steam but instead purchased so that I could support the developers. Isn't this the same kind of thing that having RetroArch on Steam will do? Like developers who want to sell their games now have a way to do it through Steam and RetroArch? I personally think it's a great idea and just really curious why there is a lot of hate or skepticism about it when it seems like the same thing it's already being done with those other 2 emulators I mentioned.

5. Ragnarok135

Ragnarok135 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Honestly, is becomes mainstream and easier for people to find and use, while “gamers” know about it more casual people can get into so having an easier way to find the most up to date version is always a plus, i just learned about retroarch last year so there you go

6. Reynardine

Reynardine Life without fox is possible, but pointless.

Germany
    As long as I won't be forced to use steam for retroarch in the future I'm fine with this. A sanctioned emulator release like that is unusual though, I didn't expect this to happen.

7. Alpha_GX

Alpha_GX Member
    Newcomer

France
    Can't wait for the 2048 core dlc

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - information, RetroArch, upcoming