New Images of Crono Trigger DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Scorpin200, Jul 4, 2008.

Jul 4, 2008
  1. Scorpin200
    OP

Banned Scorpin200 Iceman

United States

2. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    Nah.. those are the same but in a bigger size :/

3. Social0

Member Social0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Belgium
    if by best stuff you mean a simple port to another console then yea! their very best stuff...

4. R2DJ

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Too many RPGS

AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I can't wait for this and I'm having my fingers crossed for the confirmation of Animal Crossing Wii.

5. bunnybreaker

Member bunnybreaker GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I can't believe they are porting this, those lazy money grabbing fucks.

You know what, I will play this, and I'll enjoy it, it's Chrono Trigger, but a sequel would have been nice, the demand is there for it and everyone that likes Chrono Trigger has probably completed it a billion times already.

6. wilddenim

Member wilddenim Candy!

United Kingdom
    DS game in Wii forum? *confused*

Look very nice!! Haven't tried Chrono before but I've been told to try it many times so I've downloaded a SNES rom yesterday. Was meant to try it out today...

7. Kyusuke

Newcomer Kyusuke Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    There was a sequel, goes by the name of Chrono Cross for PSX, sure Crono wasn't the main character but he was in it nevertheless.

8. Kusan

Newcomer Kusan Advanced Member

Mexico
    EEEEK

Wrong, Chrono Cross isn't a sequel at all...they're totally different and there's no "sequel point"

9. kikuchiyo

Member kikuchiyo 大阪に生まれた男

United States

Huh? Chrono Cross was the sequel to Chrono Trigger, with Radical Dreamers in-between.

From Wikipedia:
    Chrono Cross (???????, Kurono Kurosu) is a console role-playing game developed and published by Square (now Square Enix) for the Sony PlayStation video game console. It is the sequel to Chrono Trigger, which was released in 1995 for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. Unlike its predecessor's "Dream Team", Chrono Cross was developed primarily by scenarist and director Masato Kato and other programmers for Chrono Trigger, including art director Yasuyuki Honne and sound planner Minoru Akao. Composer Yasunori Mitsuda scored Chrono Cross and Nobuteru Y?ki designed its characters.[1]

Some of the characters from CT even show up in CC if you pay attention.

10. bunnybreaker

Member bunnybreaker GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Sorry, I have played Chrono Cross, I guess I should have written, "another" sequel would have been nice. I still think it's rediculous how many games are being ported from SNES or remade, we need NEW games dammit.

11. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    is there a set release date for this game or no?

12. Prime

Member Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    No, no release date yet.

13. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    We know it's suppose to be by year's end at least.

14. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    Christmas 2008 [​IMG]

15. Raganook

Member Raganook Raganook

United States
    ...You are under-emphasizing this [​IMG]. CC is a direct sequel to CT. CC requires the plot devices that were put in place in CT in order to exist. I refuse to spoil such an amazing game/series, but suffice to say that without CT, the Protagonist of CC would not have a very interesting story. Not to mention, characters from CT do a hell of a lot more than "show up"...

As for a "sequel point", I point you to the legendary kingdom of Zeal, where a disaster that would forever change the fabric of time occurred...a disaster directly involved in the entirety of CC.

Edit: And RadicalDreamers doesn't run "in between". It's more a parallel universe to Chrono Cross. Chrono Cross is essentially a re-make of Radical Dreamers, or Radical Dreamers "done right" you could say. Many plot devices remain between the two, though they are different in many key areas. There may even be a certain place within the Chrono Cross world where one can interact with this alternate dimension...

16. Puxel

Member Puxel GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Why's this in the Wii Section?

17. Raganook

Member Raganook Raganook

United States
    I imagine it was mis-posted [​IMG]

18. Private|Par

Member Private|Par GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    "Why bother making another sequel when you have the old game sitting right there?" - Nintendo President, Satoru Iwata.

Not a direct quote, but I'm starting to think this is their attitude. We all know that Nintendo is content with sitting on their pile of money and throwing us dedicated fans a bone every once in a while. They're making enough money, and they're just sitting on games. I'm sure they could have made a sequel. But why bother? This port will probably sell a lot, and if not, they only lost about.... 10 bucks porting it over?

I mean, honestly. If anyone from Nintendo reads these forums, which I doubt... Get off your ass and make a new game. A new IP. Please. Please make a new IP, Nintendo. We really like you, but playing your games is sort of like having the same prostitute for 20 odd years. Variety is the spice of life.

19. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    Stop speaking out of your ass, this game isn't even made by Nintendo, it's Square Soft.
    Nintendo do make a lot of ports, but they bust their asses to make a lot of new software each year as well.

20. Private|Par

Member Private|Par GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I'm sorry. I didn't realise that Square Soft was going to get this game on the DS underground, and that Nintendo would have nothing to do with publishing the game. I'm sure if Nintendo wanted a sequel, they would have told Square to go make one. Unfortunately, they prefer to sit in their castle and throw piles of shovelware down on the adoring crowd, and every once in a while, they'll throw a gem out the window as well. It will promptly be jumped upon by all fans, and praised. Meanwhile, the shovelware keeps falling.