RELEASE New homebrew game: Connect 4 Dual Edition!

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by LiquidFenrir, Oct 29, 2018.

1. LiquidFenrir
    OP

LiquidFenrir Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2016
    France
    Hello! I made a few 3ds games and applications already, and thought, for a challenge, I should try making one for Switch, with those fancy SDL and OpenGL libraries.
    So here it is, Connect 4 (since I couldn't find it done before for Switch), with a twist: it's the version where you can move a piece at the bottom of the game grid to switch between normal and pop out mode!
    In pop out mode, you can choose, instead of dropping a coin, to remove one from the bottom of a column, making the ones above fall a rank.
    I believe this should add another layer of strategy to the game, where you need to pay attention if the opponent is preparing a situation where they can win using that.

Controls (hold the joy-cons sideways, this is a 2 player game):

1. Before starting a new game:

- Analog stick press to start

- L/R to toggle between regular and pop out

2. During a game:

- Analog stick press to drop a coin/pop one out

- DPAD/ABXY to move around (selecting the column, and choosing between dropping a coin or popping a column)

And finally, the long awaited DOWNLOAD LINK! Please report any bug you find, and I'll squash them as soon as I can. Screenshots help, sometimes.

2. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    No screenshots? :P

focusonme likes this.
  3. LiquidFenrir
    OP

LiquidFenrir Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2016
    France
    I don't have a switch, it doesn't work on emulators, and my testers didnt send me any recently as they weren't needed. sorry

focusonme and lordelan like this.
  4. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    As the lazy cunt that I am I'll wait for it to appear on the NX appstore (@vgmoose @pwsincd). Thx for your work. :)

focusonme likes this.
  5. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

GBAtemp Patron
    pwsincd is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    That will be in hour n a half or so

focusonme, ZachyCatGames and lordelan like this.