Hacking New here... State of Wii U scene?

kofman13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. Kinda new to the forums here. But recently with the help of some amazing members here, got a new3DS and got AL9H+CFW up and running and everything is super awesome.

What's the state of the Wii U scene here at the moment? Is something like A9LH for 3DS possible for Wii U at the moment? (Installing pirated .CIA, playing online safely etc)

If so, how easy or not easy is it to setup compared to something like Plaitecs AL9H guide?
I don't even have a Wii U yet, just wondering about options

epistaxis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. Kinda new to the forums here. But recently with the help of some amazing members here, got a new3DS and got AL9H+CFW up and running and everything is super awesome.

What's the state of the Wii U scene here at the moment? Is something like A9LH for 3DS possible for Wii U at the moment? (Installing pirated .CIA, playing online safely etc)

If so, how easy or not easy is it to setup compared to something like Plaitecs AL9H guide?
I don't even have a Wii U yet, just wondering about options

The Wiiu scene is still in its infancy. While the 3DS is pretty much completely and utterly owned inside and out, all we have right now for the Wiiu is temporary kernel access (i.e. needs to be re-applied on every bootup). Games are a lot tougher to find and play correctly than 3DS. Games have to be decrypted into their file state currently so its a lot more inconvenient than finding and installing CIAs. There are a few guides out there but none on the level of Phlatecs guide.

Reactions: kofman13

kofman13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wiiu scene is still in its infancy. While the 3DS is pretty much completely and utterly owned inside and out, all we have right now for the Wiiu is temporary kernel access (i.e. needs to be re-applied on every bootup). Games are a lot tougher to find and play correctly than 3DS. Games have to be decrypted into their file state currently so its a lot more inconvenient than finding and installing CIAs. There are a few guides out there but none on the level of Phlatecs guide.
I was curious looking to see if I could find and ISOs for Wii u games and I could pretty much find any game in "loadline" format. What is loadline? People seem to be playing game ISOs on that?

epistaxis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was curious looking to see if I could find and ISOs for Wii u games and I could pretty much find any game in "loadline" format. What is loadline? People seem to be playing game ISOs on that?

It's the only program that will launch backups on the wiiu right now.

kofman13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the only program that will launch backups on the wiiu right now.
I just watched a video seemed really easy. So I just need to be on the right firmware and have a physical copy of smash bros Wii u it seems.
Can you play online with loadiine? I. E. User maps in Mario maker

JamiePashley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Only certain games require SSBU, most can run using MiiMaker, but you cannot play online, as the Wii U will think you're actually playing SSBU or MiiMaker instead of the backup you're actually playing

kofman13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only certain games require SSBU, most can run using MiiMaker, but you cannot play online, as the Wii U will think you're actually playing SSBU or MiiMaker instead of the backup you're actually playing
hmm cool. if i went this route i guess i could legit buy the games i really want to play online

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night