New HD for Xbox

TLSpartan

Kills threads
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am getting a 20GB+(my mate doest know what size it is, but its bigger then 20GB) to me for free
cool.gif
.I want to know how to install a larger hard drive in a modded Xbox. Does anyone have a good tutorial link for doing this? Thanks in advance

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It really is as simple as opening the Xbox, detaching its current HD, attaching the new one and then boot up using SuperDisc - to properly format it
smile.gif

DarkMatt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's only that easy if you have a modchip fitted. If it's a softmod, it's a much more difficult process.

If it's got a modchip installed, it's easy, just replace the hard-drive. If you boot with the mod on, it will work. Without the mod turned on you'll get an error (unless you lock the hdd)

If you've got a softmod installed, check xbox-scene.com for tutorials
happy.gif

TLSpartan

Kills threads
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I know have a Xbox with a 80GB hard drive
tongue.gif
. Now to fill it with games and multimedia
laugh.gif
(I am using XBMC as the dashboard.

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
DarkMatt Posted Yesterday, 05:09 AM
 It's only that easy if you have a modchip fitted. If it's a softmod, it's a much more difficult process.

If it's got a modchip installed, it's easy, just replace the hard-drive. If you boot with the mod on, it will work. Without the mod turned on you'll get an error (unless you lock the hdd)

You must format and partition it. Just replacing the HDD thats in there now with a new one is not enough.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
DarkMatt Posted Yesterday, 05:09 AM

You must format and partition it. Just replacing the HDD thats in there now with a new one is not enough.

I have a soft mod (Dont know which one, I was 12 and dint know anything about soldering or modchips, know I solder modchips in and know heaps
tongue.gif
). I formatted my 80GB HD in Linux in FAT32. I reburned evoX (the one that was on Xbox was screwed up) and installed evox on the new HDD. Works fine

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I formatted my Xbox in Linux in FAT32.

You mean you formatted the HDD in the xbox, right?

Anyways the stock configuration for a xbox hdd includes like 7 or 8 partitions. Some are used just for caching purposes. Some have saves. Some store config and ini files.

QUOTEI reburned evoX (the one that was on Xbox was screwed up) and installed evox on the new HDD.

So you re-flashed the bios. Then you installed the evox dashboard on the hdd?

spartan, have you ripped any games to your new HDD? What partition do they go to?

TLSpartan

Kills threads
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I formatted my Xbox in Linux in FAT32.

You mean you formatted the HDD in the xbox, right?

Anyways the stock configuration for a xbox hdd includes like 7 or 8 partitions. Some are used just for caching purposes. Some have saves. Some store config and ini files.

QUOTE said:
I reburned evoX (the one that was on Xbox was screwed up) and installed evox on the new HDD.

So you re-flashed the bios. Then you installed the evox dashboard on the hdd?

spartan, have you ripped any games to your new HDD? What partition do they go to?

Just fixed that mistake
biggrin.gif
. I haven't ripped any games to my HD. It isn't in partitions. Is that bad
unsure.gif

Yes, I reflashed the BIOS.

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nothing wrong. I just have never softmodded an xbox. I have installed about a dozen modchips but no softmods. Just my personal preference is all. So I am completely out of my element on this one. But xbox-scene is filled with great info from people who know softmods.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nothing wrong. I just have never softmodded an xbox. I have installed about a dozen modchips but no softmods. Just my personal preference is all. So I am completely out of my element on this one. But xbox-scene is filled with great info from people who know softmods.

Nothing has gone wrong yet. The hardest part of the new HD was opening up the Xbox
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse