Wolfy

Person That Never Was
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
header.jpg

Take center stage in Hatsune Miku’s premier rhythm game starring the world’s #1 virtual pop star! With a stunner setlist and enormous wardrobe to style, it’s Miku’s ultimate tour—all it needs is you.

If you're like me and you've been waiting for an actual PC release of Hatsune Miku, then your in luck because its finally here! Excluding the VR version which didn't offer a lot. From a price tag of $39.39 USD offering a collection of 170 songs and 400 costumes to a separate DLC that adds another 72 songs for a whopping $34.99 USD! OR you can just grab the Deluxe edition which includes the Extra Song Pack for a total $59.99 USD. A feature of the game is choosing between Future Tone visuals and the Mega Mix visuals which is a softer look than the Future Tone's shadows.

So if your a fan of the Hatsune Miku games and have been looking for a PC version to get your fix then here it is!

Source: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1761390/Hatsune_Miku_Project_DIVA_Mega_Mix/

KanaKonpaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know beggars can't choosers and all, but out of all the games they choose to port to PC they choose Mega Mix? I'm guessing it's because it's recent. However with the arcade version of future tone already being playable on PC through "methods", and fully translatable to English, I would have hoped for a collection of Project Diva F games, as I miss star notes. As it stands Mega Mix never really wowed me. Then again no Project Diva games have since F2nd, or maybe Project Mirai on 3DS.

Oh well, if it drops low enough, I may get this on Steam if the price drops during a sale or something. I already have it on Switch but I don't prefer playing it on it.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I know beggars can't choosers and all, but out of all the games they choose to port to PC they choose Mega Mix? I'm guessing it's because it's recent. However with the arcade version of future tone already being playable on PC through "methods", and fully translatable to English, I would have hoped for a collection of Project Diva F games, as I miss star notes. As it stands Mega Mix never really wowed me. Then again no Project Diva games have since F2nd, or maybe Project Mirai on 3DS.

Oh well, if it drops low enough, I may get this on Steam if the price drops during a sale or something. I already have it on Switch but I don't prefer playing it on it.
Because 99% of people just want to play the songs. They don't care about the characters generally, just to play the rythem game.

KanaKonpaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because 99% of people just want to play the songs. They don't care about the characters generally, just to play the rythem game.
This is very true, but I'm not heavily invested in the characters either. Part of my issue is that I prefer to be able to see something showing I actually did something, besides just a clear ranking. Having a mission system like Groove Coaster, or just in general some for of progression through unlocking new songs makes me feel more invested to return to the game after clearing every song on every difficulty.

Regardless, after Project Diva X, I don't mind the lack of a story or anything like that, as that game was just a mess. It is worth noting that the arcade version of Project Diva Future Tone had a mission mode that had you unlocking things over time. That being said, plenty of people do prefer having access to everything at the beginning of the game, I'm likely just the minority here. I'd still buy a new Miku rhythm game, even if it was just like Mega Mix with new songs; I just prefer this stuff to draw me back to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.