Question New hackable switch by serial. Failed to flash payload. Stock firmware 6.20

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Spunky247, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Spunky247
    OP

Spunky247 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2018
    Germany
    Hello,

I think i need an advice.

A friend of mine bought a new switch and today we wanted to install sx OS on his switch. But we failed to inject a payload.

I checked his serial and his switch should be safe. XAJ700312XXXXX.

The suspicous thing is that the stock firmware was 6.20?! Arent the unpatched units on a much lower Firmware? 6.20 seems so new for unpatched?

At first i just wanted to Flash hekate 4.2 via my smartphone with nxloader because i thought its the easiest way to check the switch. i put jig in switch, pushed volume up +power and then the screen stayed black (=rcm). But after i inject the payload the switch always boots the ofw. I used my good quality jig that always worked well on my own switch. I used my good quality jig that always worked well on my own switch. But now i cant check easily, because i use autorcm myself. Jig should be good.

In the next step we decided to use the tegrarcm tool on his laptop and use the biskeydump payload method, to check if his switch is vulnerable. But here we had the same problem, that we had via smartphone. I do all the commands to enter rcm (the screen stays off) but when i connect the usb cable the switch always boots into ofw! This is so weird. I think it also should be possible to enter rcm on a patched switch. But it should not be possible to send the payload on a patched one!? Or am i wrong???

Finally i am still not sure that the switch is patched or unpatched...

I more think that there maybe could be a problem with my jig. But i dont know why. The jig is good quality and worked fine! I dont think it is broken.

Or is it maybe because of the ofw 6.20 in combination with a patched switch? Isnt this a bit high stock firmware for an unpatched unit?

I have no more ideas :-(
    I hope you have some :lol:

2. Illuminaticy

Illuminaticy GBAtemp Fan

Oct 6, 2018
    United States
    am stupid ignore me

Erol and Spunky247 like this.
  3. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    If your Switch powers on when you plug in the cord, then you're not in RCM. That means your Switch is merely powered off.

You are correct that you should be able to enter RCM regardless of whether or not it's patched. RCM payloads will only work on unpatched units.

Spunky247 likes this.
  4. Spunky247
    OP

Spunky247 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2018
    Germany
    Its XAJ700312XXXXX not XAW

5. P3T3

P3T3 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Make shore your in rcm and have drivers installed...

Spunky247 likes this.
  6. Spunky247
    OP

Spunky247 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2018
    Germany
    Okay then it is like i thought... At first i am going for a new jig and then i am going to see what happens.
    Thanks for your thoughts :bow:

7. Flabou

Flabou Member

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2018
    Finland
    When press volume up and power button, try to hold them down for 3-4 seconds and release. Then try to inject payloads.

Spunky247 likes this.
  8. Spunky247
    OP

Spunky247 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2018
    Germany
    Yeah, that was what we did, but that didnt work ...
    Finally we got it working. Like we thought it had something to do with the jig. And also we had to Insert the usb c cable in a very strange way. But it works now. Thats all we wanted.

Edit: the switch is unpatched

Last edited by Spunky247, Feb 4, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted