New Gundam Game Announced for PSP!

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Rock Raiyu, Jan 6, 2009.

Jan 6, 2009
  1. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    [​IMG]

Looks like Banpresto’s famous arcade game with its impressive looking capsule cabinet Kidou Senshi Gundam: Senjo no Kizuna (aka Mobile Suit Gundam: The Bonds of War) is coming to the PSP indeed and it will be called Kidou Senshi Gundam: Senjou no Kizuna Portable according to Japanese video game retailer GAME STAR.

PSP gamers obviously won’t enjoys the full P.O.D. (Panoramic Optical Display) experience, where players sit in a pseudo cockpit with 180 degree screen, but Bandai Namco seems to have made enough changes to make their latest Gundam port to the PSP sounds exciting. The 8 Vs 8 team battle on the arcade is being scaled down to 4 Vs 4 on the PSP, and fans will be happy to know that it supports the Game Sharing function, which means only one copy of the UMD is needed for multiplayer. Those with no friends were also taken care of with the new Mission Mode. The game is schedule for release in Japan on March 26.

News Source: PSPUpdates

2. Anakir

Member Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    Wow, the arcade simulator looks mad fun. I'm surprised the area where I live doesn't have the arcade version.. I'd spend so much time on it. And I doubt we'll get an english release as well. [​IMG] They need to port the other gundam games on PSP before they would port this one.

3. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    ok, why the hell can I never find an arcade with one (or a dozen) of these things!

4. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

there are GUNDAM games already like the recent Kidou Senshi Gundam Gundam vs. Gundam

[​IMG]

5. Anakir

Member Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    @kobykaan

We don't have any english ports of the game. I'm aware that these games are already out.

6. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

meh minor details lol!!

no English release maby due to its NOT AS POPULAR over here same with no one finding the arcade machine either!

7. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    Well, hopefully the PSP port looks good and kind of feels like the arcade version. The arcade version makes it feel like you really are in the Gundam and fighting. It'd also make it more interesting if it had infrastructure mode so we can play online.

8. ryukyus

Member ryukyus GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That's why I love japan you will find any awesome games, that capsule looks real nice, I bet you money you won't that capsule outside of japan