New GBA Trainer - American Dragon: Jake Long (U)

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

New GBA Trainer: American Dragon: Jake Long (U) (+6)

By Rising Sun

Trainer options included are as follows:

rs-jlp6.nfo said:
  • Unlimited Health

• Unlimited Force [1]

• Invincibility

• Unlimited Powerups

• Maximize Stats [2]

• Levelskip [3]
rs-jlp6.png

Houou

Trophies
XP
Country
Why do they keep bothering? The novelty and humor of releasing trainers for crappy budget titles or TV tie-ins is long gone.

pven

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just curious: how do you install a trainer? (Is it the same as installing a NDS-rom or is it some kind of pre-loader?)

And no: I don't want to install this game and trainer to try it.
wink.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Trainers tend to come as a patch, for the GBA this means IPS format, GBATA is the de facto IPS patcher for GBA releated stuff (if I play around with DS IPS patches I use it after renaming the roms too):
http://www.gbadat.altervista.org/tools.htm

DS roms being larger have to use a different method, this is usually BSDiff which comes with the trainers.

I have also seen patches/trainers in NINJA and Xdelta formats although the NFO will take care of issues here.

However the patch should come you will ultimately end up with modified rom, burn this as usual.
Trainers will be activated in one of two ways (there is a third but no GBA/DS trainer I know of uses it)
1) An intro screen where you can select options (see screens above)

2) In game commands, more rare (Daisenryaku DS - Great Strategy for the DS has a trainer that uses it) and any commands will be detailed with the release notes.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@GLiTcH under the tools section of http://www.advanscene.com/ there is a guide, I warn you now it is a very involved task.
Cheating on the other hand (which can accomplish the same goals if not more) is relatively easy so I suggest you look into that.
If your cart does not support cheats then do a search on GABsharky, if you are using an emu then you have no worries.

daRealist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playing around with games and coding is a hobby that people enjoy. Groups that release trainers are doing them for fun, not to amuse you. Why do you bother to make such a comment?

Why do they keep bothering? The novelty and humor of releasing trainers for crappy budget titles or TV tie-ins is long gone.

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
May I ask what this "third method" would be?

Oh, and:

GBATA is the de facto IPS patcher for GBA releated stuff

Personally, I prefer Lunar IPS (link), as it integrates itself into Windows automatically. Meaning you can just double-click a IPS-File, select the file to patch, and you're finished.

plasmatron

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Trainers should not exxist....CHEATING IS GAY

cheating is gay ?????????? Oh dear.
rofl2.gif
huh.gif
rofl2.gif

Those trainers are for fun in the first place. Nowdays trainers are often not needet anymore, cause games are sooooooo fucking easy today, so everyone could complete it in a few hours. But I love RISING SUN for doing such loveleeeeey trainers, cause no one cares about cracktros and traintros in general anymore. And this reaaaaaaly pisses me off !!!
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
What is a release without a flashy cracktro infront of a release ??? Tell you what. Thatz what I call fucking gay !

KEEP THE VIBE ALIVE !!!! DON`T LET THE CRACKTROS FADE AWAY !
lecture.gif
lecture.gif
lecture.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
May I ask what this "third method" would be?

Oh, and:

GBATA is the de facto IPS patcher for GBA releated stuff

Personally, I prefer Lunar IPS (link), as it integrates itself into Windows automatically. Meaning you can just double-click a IPS-File, select the file to patch, and you're finished.

I probably should have mentioned lunarIPS as it is quite good (to tell you the truth I often use that or ipsXP too as waiting for a CRC32 on a 128mbyte game while doing all the other crap my computer does just for a little patch is not fun).

The third method is an in game menu (hold L and R and press the face buttons or some such to bring up a menu), it is possible if unbeliveably complex (I have seen examples but I can not remember what they were) and normally is reserved for PC games, old consoles or stuff with sources.

Also on the subject of trainers a nice development perhaps:
http://neimod.com/trainomatic.php

@XeNoGeaR I would reply but plasmatron has said it all already.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt