New GBA FF Tactics??

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by Hadrian, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Hadrian
    OP

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Was just over at Games Radar and saw this in an article about the GBA's last year.

"the third-party publishers we spoke to regarding GBA support were non-committal at best. Only Square Enix seem particularly interested, with a few Final Fantasy remakes and a proposed sequel to FF Tactics in the pipeline - despite the fact that in December 2006, the GBA outsold the Wii, with 850,000 units snapped up. Clearly, the console itself does still have a future. And not just as a "gateway console" for younger players to buy, which the endless stream of depressingly conservative licensed cartoon-games seem to be geared at."

So a proposed sequel on GBA? Not a mixed up with the DS one then? I know the GBA still sells quite a bit but how does the games sell? I get the feeling its not very well for none licenced kiddy games seeing that there isnt many games coming out for it, seems odd that Nintendo have dropped it completely I mean not even any SNES ports are coming out! How hard would a Mario RPG port be? Damn that would sell! Wait...off topic.

Don't worry this is my last topic starter for the day [​IMG]

2. dice

dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

Former Staff
    Oct 26, 2002
    England
    it's not confirmed for the gba (meaning it's just as/more likely to be on the ds)

3. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Well we all know that a DS sequel will be out this year as well as a PSP remake of the first but does seem odd that they mentioned it with their GBA stuff.

4. teh_raf3

teh_raf3 Whatever suits you

Oct 5, 2004
    Belgium
    Belgium, Bruges
    It's for DS, not GBA (PSP is also getting one)

5. VVoltz

VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Nov 6, 2002
    USA
    Most likely. But I remember that the final platform wasn't decided yet.

6. skobar

skobar Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2006
    Canada
    It's for the DS. It is a sequel for the one on the gba. PSP is getting the playstation 1 remake.

7. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Yeah like I already said [​IMG]

8. dice

dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

Former Staff
    Oct 26, 2002
    England
    congrats on the baby [​IMG] (assuming it's not a joke)