Hacking New Gateway 3.1.1 update (with Cubic Ninja support!)

lamende

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm using a Jap 8.1 3DS but for some reason when I'm in GW mode with 3.1.1 it doesn't say I'm in EmuNAND. Hopefully I'm not updating Sysnand. How do i tell the difference.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So I'm using a Jap 8.1 3DS but for some reason when I'm in GW mode with 3.1.1 it doesn't say I'm in EmuNAND. Hopefully I'm not updating Sysnand. How do i tell the difference.
You should arrange some folders in sysNAND and emuNAND forming those names by naming each folder with a letter.
As for the Settings, you could try setting up some simple Parental controls on sysNAND and nothing on emuNAND, and so, if you are in settings and want to make sure you are in emuNAND and the GW3D is not showing up next to the version number, you just need to enter Parental Control Settings and see if it asks you for a PIN or to set it up.

lamende

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should arrange some folders in sysNAND and emuNAND forming those names by naming each folder with a letter.
As for the Settings, you could try setting up some simple Parental controls on sysNAND and nothing on emuNAND, and so, if you are in settings and want to make sure you are in emuNAND and the GW3D is not showing up next to the version number, you just need to enter Parental Control Settings and see if it asks you for a PIN or to set it up.

So I arranaged my folders differently and now I'm supposedly in GW mode and the folders are in a different location then if I turned my N3DS back on (SysNAND im guessing). Should I just update now? because the folders are in a different location then when its turned back on.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So I arranaged my folders differently and now I'm supposedly in GW mode and the folders are in a different location then if I turned my N3DS back on (SysNAND im guessing). Should I just update now? because the folders are in a different location then when its turned back on.
The reason I suggested the whole Parental control thing is because, maybe, when you enter settings on emuNAND, it boots you back into sysNAND.
Just to be sure

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
how do i tell if parental controls are on?
i put them sysnand
While in settings, choose the Parental Controls menu, and if it has 2 buttons one on top of each other, then you have Parental Controls on. If there is a bunch of text and 2 buttons one to the bottom left and one to the bottom right, then you have Parental Control Disabled

xerosagas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I plan on getting a Sky to try this (since Japanese OOT and CN cost more than it's worth). Do you have to run the exploit each time the system boots up?

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried to hack my N3DS, went to the QR code in Cubic Ninja, but it crashes back to the system menu. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there any way to fix this?

SuperJello

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having some trouble with updating emunand on N3DS. Whenever I try to update from the settings menu, the progress bar pops up for a few seconds and then I get the message "An error has occurred. Unable to update. The system will now be restarted" and I'm kicked back to sysnand. I heard some people found a workaround by putting the N3DS into sleep mode to let the update download, but it doesn't seem to download when I try that (I have SpotPass downloads enabled). I'm using a black N3DS on 9.2-U. Does anyone know of a way to fix this?

Thanks

Edit: Nevermind, fixed it!

Destinykid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried with and without, same thing happens.

First, put the 3.1.1 launcher.dat in the microsd. Then you need to add wifi to your settings and have wifi one. Then scan the code again.
If this still doesn't work. Delete your save by holding L+R+X+Y for 5 seconds in the Cubic ninja main menu.
Once everything works, don't forget to delete the wifi settings in your sysnand.

Reactions: GaaraPrime

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are the chances of Xenoblade chronicles working on emunand?
Why would it not work?
I think it's pretty much a shoe-in that it'll work. The only reason I can think of is that there's some new encryption, like when Pokemon X&Y and Animal Crossing came out. Those eventually worked, though. It's the first New 3DS exclusive title, so we'll have to wait and see.
Or the chances of it working at all on current flash carts :O
Guaranteed that a new flash cart won't be necessary. At most, a delay from gateway to make it compatible.

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
cuz it's gonna be a N3DS exclusive title. Perhaps the game's coding might be slightly different than the standard .3ds configs, which might cause the GW to be unable to read it?

I think it's pretty much a shoe-in that it'll work. The only reason I can think of is that there's some new encryption, like when Pokemon X&Y and Animal Crossing came out. Those eventually worked, though. It's the first New 3DS exclusive title, so we'll have to wait and see.

Guaranteed that a new flash cart won't be necessary. At most, a delay from gateway to make it compatible.

Thanx for the answers guys. I guess only time will tell :)

Lol, can't even speculate which flash cart will have more chances of making it work :P

But if it does get blocked, I think Gateway will have an upper hand since you can't do shit to make a Sky3DS somehow "update" itself.

Reactions: Rizzorules

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The only reason I can think of is that there's some new encryption, like when Pokemon X&Y and Animal Crossing came out. Those eventually worked, though. It's the first New 3DS exclusive title, so we'll have to wait and see.
Well, they didnt worked because their save type was different

I really want to play Dragon Ball z extreme botouden on my Jap N3ds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: