Hacking New Gateway 3.1.1 update (with Cubic Ninja support!)

Raz266

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does that happen quite often? The 3D acting up?

How many people are experiencing this? I would like to have more input on this.

No no the 3D Doesn't *Break* Its not typically acting up. Its more like certain objects in the game like a Rock or Window have a weird second image next to them like a ghost effect It occurred during Lugis Mansion 2 and Now Zelda Ocarina Of Time. IDK if its just me or maybe the Files but it doesn't happen too often but when it does its really distracting. Hopefully its not just me so I don't feel like im going insane but yeah its like ..Objects at the side of the screen sometimes get the Effect, maybe its a calibration issue
?

Edit: Also completely off Topic playing Zelda Ocarina and Man the 3D IDK feels average I guess its to be expected being the first game to have 3D but definitely one of the weakest, might be the first game I actually keep my 3D Off.

Raz266

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tried doing Super Stable Calibration and yeah the 3D is going Crazy keeps flickering and shit might just be GW acting up since I haven't had any 3D problems previously when using my Retail Carts.
Edit: Im a idiot it might ACTUALLY be my glasses that are causing this weird effect. Go into Super Calibration without glasses its fine, soon as I put it on it starts going nuts. Ill have to fiddle around some more and see if its a GW issue or Nintendo Screwing over people with glasses =p. Gonna play some games with and without and see if this issue continues.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone having issues with parental controls? My 2nd gateway arrives today but I am 500 miles away. I installed 20 or so cia games in the 2nd n3ds for my 12 year old, and I set him up to only block mature content. However, it is blocking a good half the games such as sonic generations, farming simulator, Majoras mask, kingdom hearts etc. not rated M. So I set controls to not restrict content in both emunand and sysnand (unlinked), but it still requires PIN.

My workaround is to change the PIN to 1111 and give it to him. I cannot completely remove parental controls becuase I registered his NNID with his true age and it says you cannot disable for children under 13. I do not have this problem with my 9 year old but I registered his NNID a couple of years ago and may have used a different age becuase I was trying to purchase a game from eshop iirc.

The cia files are from our favorite site. :). Any ideas?

Does that site end in iso :rolleyes:
Maybe. :rolleyes: Do you post cia files there? I might have one or two of them. :grog:

microSDs should be coming today, come on Dongle, you're all thats stopping me from using gateway now
You seriously can't find someone with a 3ds you can borrow for a few minutes? Or do you not like coming out from under that rock? :)
Now if it we me, I would just mosey on over to Wally World buy and o3ds work my magic and return it the next day. :)

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Anyone having issues with parental controls? My 2nd gateway arrives today but I am 500 miles away. I installed 20 or so cia games in the 2nd n3ds for my 12 year old, and I set him up to only block mature content. However, it is blocking a good half the games such as sonic generations, farming simulator, Majoras mask, kingdom hearts etc. not rated M. So I set controls to not restrict content in both emunand and sysnand (unlinked), but it still requires PIN.

My workaround is to change the PIN to 1111 and give it to him. I cannot completely remove parental controls becuase I registered his NNID with his true age and it says you cannot disable for children under 13. I do not have this problem with my 9 year old but I registered his NNID a couple of years ago and may have used a different age becuase I was trying to purchase a game from eshop iirc.

Does that site end in iso :rolleyes:

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country

Maybe. :rolleyes: Do you post cia files there? I might have one or two of them. :grog:

You seriously can't find someone with a 3ds you can borrow for a few minutes? Or do you not like coming out from under that rock? :)
Now if it we me, I would just mosey on over to Wally World buy and o3ds work my magic and return it the next day. :)

heh, unforunately I know no one and my o3ds is 9.4, that store swap trick seems tempting but I can wait, you know how
patient I am :D

Gateway didn't take that long to deliver for me either to be fair, I thought it'd be early half of the year :D
Might still be august for full release but I gotta love some things about Gateway, they always come through in the end

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
No no the 3D Doesn't *Break* Its not typically acting up. Its more like certain objects in the game like a Rock or Window have a weird second image next to them like a ghost effect It occurred during Lugis Mansion 2 and Now Zelda Ocarina Of Time. IDK if its just me or maybe the Files but it doesn't happen too often but when it does its really distracting. Hopefully its not just me so I don't feel like im going insane but yeah its like ..Objects at the side of the screen sometimes get the Effect, maybe its a calibration issue
?

Edit: Also completely off Topic playing Zelda Ocarina and Man the 3D IDK feels average I guess its to be expected being the first game to have 3D but definitely one of the weakest, might be the first game I actually keep my 3D Off.
Those games are really early in the 3ds lifespan and had 3D issues already. Not the n3ds' fault.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
i'm having too many freezes & fail to install cia errors like "sd card was removed" or "fatal error" & if i stay at the home screen for a minute or so i will get these errors too so if i want to play a cia game i have to select it within few seconds or else n3ds will freeze with black screen with error message displayed at the bottom screen !! anyone else having these issues ?

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
i'm having too many freezes & fail to install cia errors like "sd card was removed" or "fatal error" & if i stay at the home screen for a minute or so i will get these errors too so if i want to play a cia game i have to select it within few seconds or else n3ds will freeze with black screen with error message displayed at the bottom screen !! anyone else having these issues ?
Sounds like a SD card problem to me. Ive been using a Kingston 32gb card since January and it works like a charm, never had any freezes or anything like that.

Reactions: MrJason005

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Sounds like a SD card problem to me. Ive been using a Kingston 32gb card since January and it works like a charm, never had any freezes or anything like that.

to be honest i'm not convinced it's a memory card issue because it's happening with 2 sandisk 64gb cards & even when running bigbluemenu of the 2gb card inside the gateway card sometimes the n3ds will freeze !!

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India

I still think it's your internal (N3DS) 64 Gb card. I read somewhere that 64 Gb cards are not supported by N3DS and to make them work you need to format them in a particular format to make the N3DS "see and use" the card. I also read that in doing so, you drastically reduce the read/write speeds of that particular 64 gb card.

Why don't you just try using a 32 Gb or smaller card?

Reactions: satel

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
to be honest i'm not convinced it's a memory card issue because it's happening with 2 sandisk 64gb cards & even when running bigbluemenu of the 2gb card inside the gateway card sometimes the n3ds will freeze !!

Try a different brand maybe? Or ask a friend to lend you a N3DS so you can test the cards on his unit?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so it freezes considerable less often on when running BBM as a.3ds from the red card?

I am reaching for straws here but what the hell. Are you absolutely sure the PC you are using is in tip top top shape, is relatively current and virus free? How about the card reader you are using? If it is malfunctioning in any way it could be corrupting files. Can you get a ahold of a different one? They are only $8 at Walmart and you can return it if it doesn't help.

What country are you in? Naive American here and doesn't know what Tokelau means. :)

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Ok, so it freezes considerable less often on when running BBM as a.3ds from the red card?

I am reaching for straws here but what the hell. Are you absolutely sure the PC you are using is in tip top top shape, is relatively current and virus free? How about the card reader you are using? If it is malfunctioning in any way it could be corrupting files. Can you get a ahold of a different one? They are only $8 at Walmart and you can return it if it doesn't help.

What country are you in? Naive American here and doesn't know what Tokelau means. :)

i built my pc 6 months ago from new parts,the hard drive is ssd & windows is 8.1 64bit ,the hard drive is 256gb & is 80% full,virus free!!! & since my Akasa card reader started to work when it wants to i have removed it from my pc & now i'm using one of the $2 usb card readers you buy from china sellers.however this is a good point throsgar i will try connecting my old Akasa reader & start over,hopefully it works for me this time.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
i'm going to turn my pc off to connect my Akasa multi card reader,i'll be back in an hour or so. :)

edit: Akasa is now connected,time to delete partition & make new emunand. back in few hours. :)

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm going to turn my pc off to connect my Akasa multi card reader,i'll be back in an hour or so. :)
I have never had any luck with those throwaway card readers. Get a decent one $8 is worth it and is a major function of your PC. In fact I am probably going to get a bay mounted one soon. I have an Antec 1200 case so lots of room in that wind tunnel. :)

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I have never had any luck with those throwaway card readers. Get a decent one $8 is worth it and is a major function of your PC. In fact I am probably going to get a bay mounted one soon. I have an Antec 1200 case so lots of room in that wind tunnel. :)

yeah i noticed the card gets extremely hot after few minutes of use inside the cheap card readers,i doubt it got this hot inside the Akasa maybe warm but nothing like this hot,i couldn't even hold the card this is how hot it got.

Reactions: MrJason005

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup