New games not working

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by MunkeeMan, Jun 6, 2007.

Jun 6, 2007

New games not working by MunkeeMan at 12:14 PM (853 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. MunkeeMan
    OP

Newcomer MunkeeMan Member

Canada
    Anyone else having problems getting these games to run on their DS from the G6? I have 4.7 installed. I only get two black screens, or two white screens loading these games. All the other games that were on my cart before still work fine.

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Make sure you have the latest U-Disk Manager (4.7a, I believe). If Touch the Dead doesn't work, try Dead 'N' Furious, it's the same game.

3. MunkeeMan
    OP

Canada
    So these games should be working? Are they working on your G6 Flash 3rd Gen? What settings should I write them with?

4. MunkeeMan
    OP

Canada
    Okay, so I changed the Read Method to Normal from DoFAT and they all seem to work now. Oops!

5. MillionsKnives

Member MillionsKnives GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah it seems like all the new games you have to write in Normal instead of DoFat. Until the G6 team releases an upgrade to the G6 Manager, normal is the way I am going to write all new games.

Doesn't really make much of a difference though. The only thing i noticed was a slower load time when launching the games.

6. Glacius0

Member Glacius0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    It also seems to often work when you enable force R/W. That way you can still use soft reset.

7. MunkeeMan
    OP

Canada
    Cool, maybe I'll try that. Although I never use Soft Reset. I assume it's a combination of keys or something?

8. MillionsKnives

Member MillionsKnives GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Pressing down L+R+A+B+X at the same time is soft reset.

I use this always if possible so my G6 Lite doesn't have to store the save on the battery and is written immediately. Otherwise, you have to shut the DS off and turn it back on again just for it to write the save data.