Gaming New games for 2013? when are they going to stop making them?

LeoMachado

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Welcome true believers,

I wanted to ask if someone knew about the upcoming games for DS, i'm more into RPG's and that stuff.

Are the developers going to release more games for the DS? i mean... the DS isn't dead yet, and i don't believe that the 3DS is a big deal...

PD : bring back the GBA PLEASE

dehry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome true believers,

I wanted to ask if someone knew about the upcoming games for DS, i'm more into RPG's and that stuff.

Are the developers going to release more games for the DS? i mean... the DS isn't dead yet, and i don't believe that the 3DS is a big deal...

PD : bring back the GBA PLEASE

The DS has been dead for two years. Pokemon being announced for 3DS was the final nail in the coffin.

PD : Bring Back the PS2

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can read gamefaqs release lists as well as the rest of us I figure, to save a search
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds
I am not seeing anything of note to come.
Actual releases to add to that list... maybe some absolute shovelware and film cash in titles depending upon what goes but I would say the DS is dead, I would possibly agree the 3ds faces serious competition and will most likely not eclipse the DS or GBA (debate rages as to what did better and I see no clear winner there) but not enough to dismiss it. Whether we get any "homebrew" releases of shelved games like we go on the GBA (I mentioned a bit about it in http://gbatemp.net/threads/comprehensive-hosting-site-list-of-leaked-unreleased-games.342235/ ) is a different matter- on the one hand why not and on the other hand there is 3dsware and the 3ds does not have too radically different hardware from what I have seen so far to kick a quick port in the head and there is also the allure of an idevice/android port (which also tend to not be too radically different).

More conventional homebrew will most likely continue to trickle out though so some nice things might happen there.
Similarly the DS ROM hacking scene is only getting more active and more adventurous mainly as the devices are reasonably powerful yet simple, the 8/16 bit era devices are largely exhausted unless you are translating to something other than English and the code is reasonably clean.

As I have probably said in similar threads in times past if you have exhausted all commercial releases, all homebrew releases, all things that can be emulated well and all ROM hacks for the GBA and DS you either have very specific tastes or are doing far better than the rest of us.

Tornplaya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DS may be dead but I still play it practically everyday..well my 3ds i mean, but I mostly play ds games on it. I'm not sure how many others still actively play the ds but I'm sure people here do. Hell, there's games on the gameboy and gamboy color and I've still been meaning to get to.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There maybe something some day. I mean some people still put out the occasional Genesis or Dreamcast release. Not officially licensed, mind you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse