New games for 2013? when are they going to stop making them?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by LeoMachado, Feb 20, 2013.

1. LeoMachado
    OP

Newcomer LeoMachado Newbie

Welcome true believers,

I wanted to ask if someone knew about the upcoming games for DS, i'm more into RPG's and that stuff.

Are the developers going to release more games for the DS? i mean... the DS isn't dead yet, and i don't believe that the 3DS is a big deal...

PD : bring back the GBA PLEASE

2. dehry

Member dehry GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The DS has been dead for two years. Pokemon being announced for 3DS was the final nail in the coffin.

PD : Bring Back the PS2

3. Chary

Reporter Chary GBAtemp's #1 Naoto

pip
    United States
    The only upcoming games for DS are shovelware titles.

BAHIM Z 360 likes this.
  4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    You can read gamefaqs release lists as well as the rest of us I figure, to save a search
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds
    I am not seeing anything of note to come.
    Actual releases to add to that list... maybe some absolute shovelware and film cash in titles depending upon what goes but I would say the DS is dead, I would possibly agree the 3ds faces serious competition and will most likely not eclipse the DS or GBA (debate rages as to what did better and I see no clear winner there) but not enough to dismiss it. Whether we get any "homebrew" releases of shelved games like we go on the GBA (I mentioned a bit about it in http://gbatemp.net/threads/comprehensive-hosting-site-list-of-leaked-unreleased-games.342235/ ) is a different matter- on the one hand why not and on the other hand there is 3dsware and the 3ds does not have too radically different hardware from what I have seen so far to kick a quick port in the head and there is also the allure of an idevice/android port (which also tend to not be too radically different).

More conventional homebrew will most likely continue to trickle out though so some nice things might happen there.
    Similarly the DS ROM hacking scene is only getting more active and more adventurous mainly as the devices are reasonably powerful yet simple, the 8/16 bit era devices are largely exhausted unless you are translating to something other than English and the code is reasonably clean.

As I have probably said in similar threads in times past if you have exhausted all commercial releases, all homebrew releases, all things that can be emulated well and all ROM hacks for the GBA and DS you either have very specific tastes or are doing far better than the rest of us.

5. Janthran

Member Janthran Solarian

United States
    The 3DS has less competition than the DS did.
    Unless you're counting Android devices. The Vita doesn't really compete with the 3DS.

6. wojiaolsya

Newcomer wojiaolsya Member

China
    I have also think about this,so I came here and find is there anyone talk about new games.
    Umm....You just said my words:lol:

7. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Making a professional game is a long process. Some of the games that are still coming out are ones that started like a year ago and are just finishing up now.

8. Tornplaya

Newcomer Tornplaya Member

United States
    The DS may be dead but I still play it practically everyday..well my 3ds i mean, but I mostly play ds games on it. I'm not sure how many others still actively play the ds but I'm sure people here do. Hell, there's games on the gameboy and gamboy color and I've still been meaning to get to.

9. tbgtbg

Member tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

United States
    There maybe something some day. I mean some people still put out the occasional Genesis or Dreamcast release. Not officially licensed, mind you.

10. Kouen Hasuki

Member Kouen Hasuki Kouen the Cyber Husky

Norway
    Hehe as I jump onto the DS everyone is leaving it :( No wonder I cant find anyone to play DS online with lol

11. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Well, the PS2 was just put to be bed officially in December so who knows for the DS.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  12. Jiehfeng

Member Jiehfeng The Moon over the Sun

United States
    DS is dead.
    I can remember there was an article on IGN about it.