New gameplay trailer for 'Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart' released

ratchet.PNG

Released today is a brand-new trailer for the upcoming PS5-exclusive Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart. It gives us a new look at the gameplay and some cinematics:

The intergalactic adventurers are back with a bang. Help them stop a robotic emperor intent on conquering cross-dimensional worlds, with their own universe next in the firing line. Witness the evolution of the dream team as they’re joined by Rivet – a Lombax resistance fighter from another dimension.

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart launches exclusively on the PS5 this June 11 and is available to pre-order. More details can be found on the game's official PlayStation page.

:arrow: SOURCE

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somewhere in a dark corner of second life a lombax lover is squealing in delight

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I never played this series before but I tried the PS4 game on PS5 once they dropped that 60fps patch and really enjoyed it. It wasn't at all what I was expecting but I found the gameplay really quite addictive.

Looking forward to this one but can't say it's something I'll pay full price for .

Reactions: Xzi and x65943

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Remember when this franchise cared?

Lets see, villain that has always been crazy risks destroying the multiverse just because he is a winner in a different dimension and is tired of being a loser?

How is that so much different from the first game were the bad guys were tearing planets apart to make new ones when terraforming them would have been easier and cheaper?

Granted, we have a female counterpart but that alone does not make the game bad.

Last edited by raxadian,
Reactions: newo

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The PS4 reboot was really bad and insultingly easy. This one looks like similar to that one. Sad, I only like the PSP ones.

Dude we literally just got a few minutes of cutscenes and nothing else. Wait until we get some actual gameplay before you bash the game just because it now has a female playable character.

Last edited by raxadian,

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
They smoothed out the logo, the subtitle isn't just-not-crass-enough-to-cause-uproar (i.e. "Going Commando", "Up Your Arse"nal), unnecessary inclusion of a female Lombax, just doesn't have the roughly-bolted-together look of the original games (too much shine and polish)...

I'm not buying this anymore.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
They smoothed out the logo, the subtitle isn't just-not-crass-enough-to-cause-uproar (i.e. "Going Commando", "Up Your Arse"nal), unnecessary inclusion of a female Lombax, just doesn't have the roughly-bolted-together look of the original games (too much shine and polish)...

I'm not buying this anymore.

There was already a female Lombax in a previous game, she just cut her freaking tall off to pretend to not be one.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There was already a female Lombax in a previous game, she just cut her freaking tall off to pretend to not be one.
You mean in Going Commando - the supposed 'villain' out to steal the Protopet, and was never a playable character, only ever seen in cutscenes? And who never appeared again afterwards?
Yeah, that was much better than what they decided to do with this new character.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
In Crash Bandicoot is like "Neat Coco is playable again!"

Here is like "Female playable character? Are you the Devil?"

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Rift Apart is a pun on being "Ripped Apart"
Oh for sure I just don't think it's all that fun compared to some of their other ones. Of course that's just my personal taste lol
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember hearing they wanted to call Into the Nexus "Into the Nether" or something ("nether regions" being slang for privates), but got rebuffed at being that blatant, so they had to use "Nexus" instead.

Reactions: raxadian
D

Deleted User

Lets see, villain that has always been crazy risks destroying the multiverse just because he is a winner in a different dimension and is tired of being a loser?

How is that so much different from the first game were the bad guys were tearing planets apart to make new ones when terraforming them would have been easier and cheaper?

Granted, we have a female counterpart but that alone does not make the game bad.
Oops, I've been mistaken. Stripping this series of it's signature texture, comedy, style, atmosphere, and intelligence was actually the only reasonable way for it to move forward over a decade ago. I guess I'm just an obnoxious fanboy for having legitimate reasons to hate these hacks for turning a series that I used to love into a giant pile of shit! What an asshole I am!

Reactions: RichardTheKing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup