New Game on M3i Zero (non GMP-Z003)

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by cosmo-freak, Oct 30, 2012.

Oct 30, 2012
  1. cosmo-freak
    OP

Newcomer cosmo-freak Newbie

Germany
    Hi there,

is it possible to play newer game (like Pokemon Black 2) on the M2i Zero non GMP-Z003 model?
    I tried to start Black 2 but it failed with error "errcode=-4" even if i use the newest version of YSM3.

Hope someone can help me out :)
    Thanks in advance!

2. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
  3. WarSxNes

Newcomer WarSxNes Newbie

United States
    Hi 1rst time here.

You are wrong @The Catboy; Pokemon W&B 2 is working 100% perfect on M3i Zero dont care if your flash card is GMP-Z003 or not.
    I have a N3DS ver. 4.1.0-8U and I have 2 flash cards

1. M3i Zero GMP-Z003 with the F_core.dat game label "Deep Labyrinth - Digital Bros"
    2. M3i Zero Non GMP-Z003 with the flashcard label M3i_v2_e2 and the F_core.dat game label "Chessmaster - Ubisoft Entertainment"

I think your problem @Cosmo-freak is your Micro SD. Why?

I have 6 Micro SD and let me tell you what they are.

16GB SanDisk - Micro SDHC - NFTS
    4GB Patriot - Micro SDHC - FAT-32
    4GB SanDisk - Micro SDHC - FAT-32
    1GB Kingston - Micro SDHC - FAT-32
    512MB SanDisk - Micro SDHC - FAT32
    128MB KingMax - Micro SD - FAT

And Pokemon W&B 2 only works on Kingston Micro SDHC. After I tried several times using other formats for the micro SDHC I see the problem was the brand. I live in California and radioshack only sell Sandisk so if you have money and have the posibility try to buy a another brand of Micro SDHC but take care with the new kind of micro SDHC check at wikipedia.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro_SDHC#SDXC

Sorry for my bad engrish Im using google translator.

If you want a video to show you, let me know but I need 1rs a video cam. :P

4. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    I know full well about that, but I am referring to updates. The M3 cards no longer has official support and has some support through Retro's files.
    Yes, Black and White 2 do now work using YSMenu, but I would still suggest buying new flashcard instead of keeping the M3i Zero.
    As well the brand of MicroSD card doesn't really matter, not to mention Kingston actually just resales other microSD cards. What matters is clutter size, which if you want that to be proper, you use this program
    http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/utilities/download-panasonic-sd-formatter-31-windows-f27344.html
    With these settings
    FORMAT TYPE : FULL (OverWrite)
    FORMAT SIZE ADJUSTMENT : ON
    As well download and install the latest files from Retro
    http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/f...etrogamefan-multi-cart-update-693-f31021.html

5. WarSxNes

Newcomer WarSxNes Newbie

United States
    @The Catboy:I know full well about that, but I am referring to updates. The M3 cards no longer has official support and has some support through Retro's files.
    Yes Team M3 is DEAD, everybody know this since 3 years ago. :P

@The Catboy:Yes, Black and White 2 do now work using YSMenu, but I would still suggest buying new flashcard instead of keeping the M3i Zero.
    You are wrong again Pokemon W&B 2 works on M3 Sakura, and the classic system. And until the games dont work anymore on my M3izero, I dont want waste my money at others flashcards. We have a saying at spanish "mas vale diablo conocido que diablo por conocer" That's mean that I dont know if the others flashcards could work or not. However Pokemon W&B 2 works great.:yaysp:

@The Catboy:As well the brand of MicroSD card doesn't really matter, not to mention Kingston actually just resales other microSD cards.
    Well if I'm not wrong the flash cards have a frequency; I'm trying to say each electronic device have a limit. Like the cell phones; Old cell phones can only works with Micro SD cards, but dont work with Micro SDHC.
    Another example: digital photo cams; The first digital photo cams only works with SD cards, but no anymore with SDHC.
    About PCs. old HP computers was bringing a multi flash card's port, that port only work with SD cards and if you want you could use a Micro SD adapter, to use your Micro SD, but this port didnt work with Micro SDHC.
    You can see a lot examples on google or wikipedia.

However Cosmo-Freak's question is: Is it possible to play newer games on M3i zero GMP-Z003 or Non GMP-Z003 (M3i_v2_e2)?
    My answere is YES YOU CAN :grog::hrth:

But of course, if you didn't upgrade your DSi lite, DSi XL or N3DS yet.

6. cosmo-freak
    OP

Newcomer cosmo-freak Newbie

Germany
    Thank you for the latest files from Retro :)
    Now everything works fine but as you say i should get a newer flashcard someday ...