OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So, I currently have an R4 (and a 3 in 1 expansion pack), but with some of the issues arising from the newer games (ie. FFCC: RoF) I'm looking to get me a new one. I've been looking into the Acekard R.P.G., and the CycloDS Evolution, but any other suggestions are welcome as well. It'll be my birthday soon, so I'll have a decent chunk of disposable income to work with. My question to you is this: what cart gives me the most bang for my buck, and is it compatible with the 3 in 1? Thanks very much for your opinion!

gimlianon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
One more question for ya! Why?
tongue.gif
What makes said devices so awesome? In your opinion of course.

Enter260

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm going to have my hands on a supercard ds1 ($35 from dealextreme) and a cyclods evo (~$58 from rhs) at the end of next week. if money is no problem, you might as well get a cyclo, but if you want a comparison some time next week, just let me know
smile.gif

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Enter260 said:
i'm going to have my hands on a supercard ds1 ($35 from dealextreme) and a cyclods evo (~$58 from rhs) at the end of next week. if money is no problem, you might as well get a cyclo, but if you want a comparison some time next week, just let me know
smile.gif

Since the OP lives in Canada, he can't order off of RHS. RHS doesn't ship Cyclos to Canada anymore. I know because I've asked them before.

I suggest the SCDS1 SDHC. It's 35 dollars, and it has Realtime Saving, Realtime Guide, Slow motion(You have to patch the games though), and a lot more. There's a huge amount of support from the Supercard team, and lots from the users.

amemoryoncelost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if money is no object, another vote for cyclo
if it is, go SCSD1

also, the cyclo is very compatible with the 3in1. I haven't got one yet, gonna wait until I'm back from vacation before I order, but with gba exploader, it's pretty simple to run. No idea if SCSD1 is or isn't, I'm sure it is though.

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the cyclo, supercard, and rpg are all great choices, you cant go wrong with either one of em, i personally own an acekard and its awsome, and the 3-in-1 is a plug n play for the acekard, no patching or anything for rumble, or gba, just a single click of the a/b button

gimlianon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I've been to those sites, it's just that (no offense or anything) I like to here the reason behind the opinion. Sorry for the trouble.
tongue.gif

EDIT: Well, I've decided on the Acekard RPG. Thanks for everyone's help and opinions! They definitely helped make the choice easier.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :blush::shy::wink::evil: