Taiju Yamada
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dsrules said:
so, does R4ISDHC RTS 3.0 system works on M3Real?
Unfortunately it freezes in "loading...".
So we have to patch kernel... But I have not figured out what is kernel file.
Anyway at least r4_firends.ext is usable in nds.m3loader.nds on M3iZero.

Clookster

Your Clookster
Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
R4 flash card was born at the end of 2006, because of its convenient use and low price, it beat many big old brand of flash card such as SC, M3, becoming the most popular flash card for NDS gamers.

Like its name, “Revolution For DS”, the emergence of R4 marked a historical revolution. However, big old brand like SC and M3 still occupy a very big share in flash card market, due to its powerful kernel, user-friendly interface, perfect game compatibility, and games auxiliary functions, such as instant archiving, real-time game guide, golden finger, multi-archiving, of which all these make these flash cards rather expensive, hard for many NDS gamers to reach.

Is there a kind of product that has the same quality as big brand but at a acceptable price for most of the NDS gamers? We got a good news for you, R4i SDHC RTS, what you’re looking forward to for a long time. A next generation R4 product. R4&M3 join hands with strength, supporting RTS. Brand new User Interface. Revolutionary operating experience, compatibility synchronizes with M3. Let me give you a detailed introduction so that you can have a clear understanding.

feature_pic-1b.jpg

feature_pic-2b.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=100858119984151
http://twitter.com/#!/nds9er/status/28574263549

Video of new GUI:
-Removed-

Link to the presentation:
-Removed-

Confront so many different kinds of flash card?do you feel some helpless?
Confront the same function of flash card?do you think it need revolution?
Confront the same flash card without any creative?do you think it need something new?
R4ISDHC RTS?new ideas ?new interface.Yes ?NDS should be played so exciting!
R4ISDHC RTS is released?new adeas?newnew interface?participating in activitites.

Clookster

Your Clookster
Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Because M3 got a bad name in the community over the past month and M3 team still need some $$$ to pay their bills?

They don't want us to buy that. They want to sell that at the flea market.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Clookster said:
It's an official M3 flashcard with a new M3 firmware.

Are you sure about this?

The manufacturer is the same one who made the Christmas version R4... (I know this for sure)

Did an M3 team member join them? How do you know this?

Schizoanalysis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Clookster said:

They may have randomly stuck that M3 logo there -- I mean, you know the R4 cards wth FIFA logos, Avatar logos, 3DS logos -- that doesn't mean that those cards have anything to do with FIFA, Avatar, 3DS...

Unless someone from the factory has explicity confirmed that M3 made it, I would just view that as a marketing ploy...

I know this factory from it's Christmas R4 last year -- it had nothing to do with M3 at that time...

Schizoanalysis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I did, but I can't find a quote stating that it is an offical M3 flashcard/made by the M3 Team.

I found this:

Clookster said:
A next generation R4 product. R4&M3 join hands with strength, supporting RTS. Brand new User Interface. Revolutionary operating experience, compatibility synchronizes with M3.

But this can be interpreted in different ways, and it does not explictly state that the M3 Team made it.

I mean, both R4 and M3 cards do support RTS, yes, that is true; and thus, they may be metaphorically "joining hands" because they both provide RTS functions.

The R4 firmware may be compatible with M3, or synchronize with M3.

But I am interested in knowing if M3 actually made it, or if it is just your usual R4-clone marketing tricks and vague lies.

I am not trying to be narky, I just would like some kind of proof (beyond vague marketing statements) that it is made by M3 Team.

Schizoanalysis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
M3 still release software updates.
M3 Team's R4i RTS (the one actually made by them) also still gets software updates.

I have no issue with the M3 Team. I still use my M3i as my #1 card (because of Sakura) -- I am just distrustful of R4-clone factories and their grandiose statements.

EDIT

Also, if you know the history of this factory (card revisions), you may also be suspicious...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)