Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I found some minor errors in your post. Let me correct that for you.
it should read: "Check out some of the beautiful linear hallways, gigantic linear cities and irrelevant backdrops which make up the completely linear and predictable world of Final Fantasy XV in this World of IP-milking video."

No need to thank me. It's all in a days work for me.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Geez... lets hope not. What a disappointing year that must be then.
How about waiting until it's out and people know what the game is like before you shit on it? (That does also go for calling it "goty" preemptively.)

K

KingpinSlim

How about waiting until it's out and people know what the game is like before you shit on it? (That does also go for calling it "goty" preemptively.)

What can i say, i am simply to human in some respects. It's my fault really.
I can't help it. I posess the ability to learn from past events and see emerging patterns.
DAMN me and my feeble human mind for noticing that Final Fantasy hasn't been good in ages.
If only i could completely overlook the atrocities Square Enix had committed... but i just can not.
Blame me, if you must, but i can not change what i am.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What can i say, i am simply to human in some respects. It's my fault really.
I can't help it. I posess the ability to learn from past events and see emerging patterns.
DAMN me and my feeble human mind for noticing that Final Fantasy hasn't been good in ages.
If only i could completely overlook the atrocities Square Enix had committed... but i just can not.
Blame me, if you must, but i can not change what i am.
I don't disagree that most past FF games have been bad, but from what I've heard, the MMO (FF14) is actually quite good, and this game is being directed by the guy who does Kingdom Hearts, which gives me hope the combat system will at least be fun, which can make up for a lot.

K

KingpinSlim

I don't disagree that most past FF games have been bad, but from what I've heard, the MMO (FF14) is actually quite good, and this game is being directed by the guy who does Kingdom Hearts, which gives me hope the combat system will at least be fun, which can make up for a lot.

All jokes and sarcasm aside now. I agree, prejudging anything is foolish and hateful.
I don't do that because i am ignorant, i do that as... well, as a defense-mechanism.
I used to love Final Fantasy (16bit up to 32bit), but getting disappointed time after time has left me jaded and angry.
I truly wish that the next installment is going to go back to the roots and deliver an experience to rejuvenate the jRPG.
No one would be happier than me, but i really do not want to get my hopes up again.
Square Enix has simply done far to much to deserve the Benefit of the doubt, in my opinion.
I am not mad at them for making bad games, i am mad at them because generations that came after me actually think games like FF13 were good.
They are not to blame, they don't know any better. They weren't around during the good years.
Modern day Square Enix has done more than just ruining an IP. They actually defined what young people consider "good" nowadays.
That is unforgivable.

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I'm optimistic. Toriyama went amok with XIII and the entire aesthetics of the world, not to mention the plot themes, were convoluted, far-fetched and so deep in the uncanny valley not even the most dazzling graphics of the day could've pulled it out. And it just kept getting worse with each installment, coming to an apotheosis in Lightning Returns - that game's a schizophreniac hallucination in and of itself.

On the other hand, XV's director is Hajime Tabata, who self-admittedly is influenced by western gaming and it shows in this trailer. Many of its' locales seem so real you would almost expect to find them in some hidden corner of our world and it's enhanced with just a slight pinch of magic to feel like fantasy, unlike XIII, which poured the entire container on itself. If anything, from former demos, this game could be more like Dragon's Dogma or Witcher 3 - neither is a bad direction IMO.

Reactions: KingpinSlim

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think if you've played the first demo (Type 0s) you kind of know what to expect of the world in FF15. It's not linear by a long shot. In fact that area alone was HUGE except half of it was cut off for the demo. So at the very least I don't think we'll have a bunch of linear hallways.

That said the only thing that can break this game is long loading times (the demo had it), horrible stuttering, and an uneventful story line or even bland side missions. The most important however is the battle system. It won't matter if the game is incredibly beautiful if the gameplay's dull.

Reactions: T-hug

WooHyun

Trophies
XP
Country
FFVII, FFXV, KHIII seems enough reason to buy a coonsole for me. Though I'd prefer NX if SE releases them on NX as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass