mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Agreed on Barret, he doesn't look, and most certainly doesn't sound right for me.... Yeah the characters were still super deformed back then, but the Barret I remember was brawnier, and a fair bit thicker int' head :lol:
Cloud himself is a bit scrawny in my opinion too.... But hey, SD back then, perhaps this is the character sizes they had in mind!

Not turn based... k
If you want turn based, well.... play the original...? ;) After hammering through said original a number of times I actually welcome something a little different to play.

Last edited by mightymuffy,

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Am I the only one not that excited for this? There are far more superior JRPG franchises receiving new entries that entice me more than a remake of a decade old game. Like Persona 4, Nier: Automata, and Ni no Kuni II just to name a few.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
but they already remade all the original characters in HD and 3D in advent children movie. i don't understand why they're changing them.

also the gameplay not being turn based is just ass (though it could be turn based of course, we barely saw any gameplay). FF7 was an rpg. not an action RPG. action rpgs are just boring as hell to me.

sigh i was really worried they'd ruin it. looks like they might.

Last edited by dimmidice,
Reactions: goemon_guy

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks pretty great. I still wished it had stayed true to its turn based roots but I like action RPGs too

roastable

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sigh i was really worried they'd ruin it. looks like they might.

I'll take the bait. That's an extremely bold claim for such a small glimpse of a game. Furthermore, making a new game can in no logical way ruin a game that was released more than 10 years ago. As many have said before, go play the original if you're not enticed by the remake.

And also, don't tell me that you're just entitled to your opinion as I am my own because it's about courtesy. If you were excited about eating a chocolate cake, only an asshole would try to make you less excited (with no benefit to themselves) about eating the cake by ranting about how chocolate is a far inferior flavour to vanilla.

Reactions: Cortador

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Looks amazeballs. I never beat the original, and never played it all that much either. I got stuck on a pair of bosses because I was under leveled, and was at a point where I couldn't grind (unless I was a moron). The boss where you fight in an elevator (and then there's one before, or after.. can't remember).

If there's a collector's edition, this might be the first time ever I buy a game for a system I don't have :P

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'll take the bait. That's an extremely bold claim for such a small glimpse of a game. Furthermore, making a new game can in no logical way ruin a game that was released more than 10 years ago. As many have said before, go play the original if you're not enticed by the remake.

And also, don't tell me that you're just entitled to your opinion as I am my own because it's about courtesy. If you were excited about eating a chocolate cake, only an asshole would try to make you less excited (with no benefit to themselves) about eating the cake by ranting about how chocolate is a far inferior flavour to vanilla.
someone's defensive. but yea it was my opinion, and no matter what you say i'm entitled to share my opinion just as much as you are yours.

Reactions: night_hawk

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The only thing this trailer makes me want to do is revive my urge to play FFVII and actually finish it this time instead of waiting for the remake. But do I want to spoil my dinner and go for the modded PSX and burned CD route, converted PSX ISO for PSP or get the Steam version.

Ahhhhhhhh decisions decisions.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Really, you could have seen a massive rework of the combat system coming from a mile away. Square has been moving away from turn-based RPGs more and more with every Final Fantasy installment. In my opinion it's a good thing. I'd rather spend time trying to actually land and dodge attacks than wait for the same attack/magic animations over and over, featuring 30 minute grindfest bosses.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte