WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So today I was browsing the gc forever forums and get caught by an interesting post from Extrems, one of your fellow devs in the "scene": http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=12679#p12679

Apparently these guys are planning to add a new feature in Swiss, which will force (genuine?) 16:9 widescreen to gamecube games. Yes, you heard right, chances are you can play your favorite cube games in 16:9
wv7ex2.png

Don't know if crediar is involved in this, but people will surely suggest this feature for DML and DM as well.

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You may be right. Didn't notice before that the picture looks streched a bit left and right. Perhaps because I never played Mario Sunshine. Let's hope this is due to the current WIP status :creep:

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I mean this sort of thing. This is from N64 games since I don't have GC stuff set up, but it's some of the possible issues.

311mefo.png

You can see the HUD isn't at the sides.

2j5yph2.png

The title screen is a static image, and doesn't extend beyond where the original viewport boundaries are.

2a7veb7.png

The indicator for your cart on the map is displaced way too the side, it's where it would be if the map image was in it's normal place, not where it is now.

34zghm1.png

Same issue as the mario kart title screen, what's beyond the viewport normally wasn't created.

2q07gyc.png

Another viewport issue with the background.

Reactions: 1 person

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
If the same glitches that happen with Dolphin in Force Widescreen Mode happen with this, I'm out.

1) SSBM tags being WAY off at the edges of the screen, some stages have strange colored bars
2) Pokemon Colloseum black textures
3) Lego Star Wars II premature object removal

And too many others to list.

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So today I was browsing the gc forever forums and get caught by an interesting post from Extrems, one of your fellow devs in the "scene": http://www.gc-foreve...?p=12679#p12679

Apparently these guys are planning to add a new feature in Swiss, which will force (genuine?) 16:9 widescreen to gamecube games. Yes, you heard right, chances are you can play your favorite cube games in 16:9
wv7ex2.png

Don't know if crediar is involved in this, but people will surely suggest this feature for DML and DM as well.
Swiss (I presume) lets you run gamecube games on the Wii. Do you think someone would create a thread like this if it didn't have to do with the Wii? Wouldn't it already be moved by a mod or something?

♪Sebastian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WANT! I've read about a lot, but correct me if I'm wrong, can you use Swiss with this hack on a Wii without an SD gecko? I read somewhere you can't, but it's sometimes hard to tell what's up to date or not...

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
you can launch from retail discs(IDK if backups works with a modchip, but without one doesn't), sd-gecko, usb-gecko, wode, wiikey fusion and qoob, but the last is gamecube only.
i don't own any of the options so i launched my retail disc, also tried smash melee and looks awesome, some graphical errors but enjoyable.

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would love to see this for DML.

I have tried incorporating this feature (taken from swiss-gc implementation) to DML v1.4b and it works so far (but some scaling looks off as expected). If anyone wants to try, let me know so I could provide the wad or app files.

Here are the pictures for comparison (inside spoiler)

pokemon xd ntsc force progressive
PokemonXD_force_prog.png

pokemon xd ntsc force progressive and 16x9
PokemonXD_force_prog_16x9.png

luigi's mansion pal force progressive
LuigisMansionPAL_force_prog.png

luigi's mansion pal force progressive and 16x9
LuigisMansionPAL_force_prog_16x9.png

♪Sebastian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Got Swiss to work with this and tried Twilight Princess, but the graphical errors kinda put me off so I reverted back to 4:3 for now. Still, really cool feature!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things